The post holder's role will be to support the provision of health care to the people of Cwm Taf Morgannwg, contributing to a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week provision of a Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Service for clients experiencing a mental health crisis.
This will involve both lone and joint assessments of people's mental health and working with people in their own home for client's identified as suitable for home treatment for their acute mental health problem.
Main duties of the job
- To take responsibility for a crisis assessments.
- Provide home treatment caseload including comprehensive assessment, care and treatment for clients.
- Foster robust working relationships with other secondary mental health services and all partners in particular Local Authority and Primary Care.
- Contribute to the continuing improvement and development of crisis resolution home treatment services.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this role; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
We listen, learn and improve
We treat everyone with respect
We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification 1.Education/Qualifications/ Training Essential
- First level professional qualification in Mental Health Nursing,
- Evidence of post- registration continuing professional development activity.
- Evidence of achievement in clinical practice within the area of speciality. Previous post registration experience
- Experience of in-patient nursing Or Experience of working with a multi-agency community mental health setting
Skills and Knowledge Essential
- Good communication and listening skills. Clinical assessment and formulation skills. Effective organisational and negotiating skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge and awareness of current evidence base relevant to the area of practice.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.