Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is looking for a Medicines Management Pharmacy Technicians, based at St Mary's Hospital in Kettering. The role is a permanent full-time post, but part-time and flexible hours will be considered. There is currently no weekend or bank holiday requirement.
This is a varied role with the successful applicant needing to work independently and within the pharmacy team on their allocated wards. They will have their own clinical responsibilities which will contribute to the healthcare team and support the pharmacist attending the ward. They will support the provision of a locality-based clozapine clinic service in partnership with community mental health teams.
Past experience in mental health is helpful but not essential to the role as full training will be provided by experienced Mental Health specialists. With an established clozapine clinic already in place and being run by our existing pharmacy technicians, this is a great opportunity for the right person to progress into extended technician roles.
Main duties of the job
As a Medicines Management Pharmacy Technician, you will be required to work across mental health and physical health inpatient teams to support with medicines reconciliation, management of medication supply for in-patients and community patients including stock, non-stock, discharge, leave and self-medication, participation in audit, support the use of the electronic prescribing system, and supporting ward areas with management of stock medications.
- To provide medicines management pharmacy service to allocated in-patient areas
- To work with the ward pharmacists to identify new patients and complete the medicines reconciliation process using SystmOne, assessment of patients own medication and communication with patient/carer and/or by liaising with external organisations as appropriate.
- To liaise with the ward pharmacists and ward staff over any relevant medicines management issues to ensure concordance/compliance with prescribed medication, highlighting any discrepancies where identified.
- To provide a locality-based clozapine clinic service in partnership with community mental health teams in Northamptonshire to facilitate same day supply of medication.
- To work with the provider service pharmacy staff to co-ordinate the supply of clozapine to both inpatients and outpatients across Northamptonshire.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Current registration and membership with the GPhC as a Pharmacy Technician
- NVQ Level 3 in Pharmacy Services (or course equivalent )
- Previous use of SystmOne or electronic prescribing and medicines administration (EPMA) systems
- Post Qualification experience in the NHS as a pharmacy technician
- Ward-based Medicines Management Experince
- Experience of supplying clozapine
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.