We are looking to recruit a Community Mental Health Nurse within our Dudley North Community Recovery Service (CRS) team based at The Poplars in Brierley Hill.
The successful applicant will have a good understanding of the Care Programme Approach, with previous experience of a range of therapeutic interventions and Psychotropic medications. You will have proven ability to work with partner agencies, able to lead projects and motivate people to deliver them. You will have excellent communication skills with a flexible approach.The team is committed to provide safe, sound and supportive services. You will receive regular supervision, with opportunities to develop clinical and professional practice in line with service users' needs and organisational values.
Main duties of the job
You will be part of a dynamic, supportive and diverse multi-disciplinary team. Your role will include working as a Care Co-Ordinator where you will have responsibility for managing a caseload of service users with mental health needs who have been referred to the team. As part of the role you also be involved in work on the CRS triage/duty system. You will also lead in the development and implementation of therapeutic interventions underpinned by the Care Programme Approach.
You will be a Registered Mental Health Nurse, ideally with previous experience of working in community mental health services. The role will involve assessing and formulating individual intervention plans and outcome measures for adults with mental health problems and you will need to have up to date knowledge of NHS policies and practices in mental health.
About us For further details / informal visits contact:
Helen Day Team Leader 01384 325128
Norma Walters Clinical Lead 01384 325128
Job description Job responsibilities
To be responsible for managing the mental health needs of individuals referred to the team and to lead in the development and implementation of therapeutic interventions to address that identified need. The process of care is underpinned by the care programme approach.
Person Specification Education/qualifications Essential
- oEntry on a Register held by Nursing Midwifery Council(Sub Part 1 RN3, Registered Nurse Mental Health)
- Specialist skills in assessing and formulating individual intervention plans and outcome measures for adults with mental health problems
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Knowledge of NHS issues and current policies and practices in mental health
- Knowledge of Psychotropic medications
- Problem solving skills
- Knowledge of CPA
- IT skills
- Able to use own initiative and work without supervision
- Knowledge of the principles of clinical governance and its application
- Supervisory skills
- Knowledge of assessment tools
Previous experience Essential
- Experience of working in the community mental health services
- Experience of using a range of therapeutic interventions in a mental health context
- Experience of managing and organising own workload
- Documented evidence of continuing professional development
- Post Registration experience within mental health
- Supervision of junior staff and students
Personal qualities Essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Team player
- Proven ability to work with other agencies and professionals
- Ability to lead and motivate projects and people
- Flexibility of working hours
- Evidence of working and achieving objectives/deadlines
- Sense of humour
- Able to work at multiple sites, including service user's homes
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.