An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 7 Clinical Nurse Manager on the East London Mother & Baby Unit.
You will need to be an experienced mental health nurse at Band 6 or Band 7 who is looking for a new challenge. Previous Perinatal experience is not essential, however, you would be expected to demonstrate an understanding and interest in this specialism.
The East London Mother and Baby unit is a 12 bedded unit based within the City & Hackney Centre for Mental Health. This family-centred specialist Mother and Baby Unit cares for people who experience severe mental health difficulties during the later stages of pregnancy and following the birth. The mothers are either experiencing mental health problems ante-natally or up to one year post-natally and require direct support in ensuring care of the infant is upheld whilst supporting the mother through their own recovery.
The ward team consists of registered mental health nurses, nursery nurses, social therapists and a life skills recovery worker.The unit prides itself on being able to offer a varied multidisciplinary approach to care and as such the post holder will be responsible for ensuring this is reflected in the work that is undertaken. The unit is committed to ongoing development in practice and standards of care and would welcome applicants who are forward thinking and willing to make a difference.
Main duties of the job
We provide a national service and interactions with other teams are vital so the applicant would need to possess excellent communication skills.
You will also be expected to act as Duty Senior Nurse for the unit as required.
If you feel you are able to contribute to the work we do and the difference we make, we welcome you to apply.
Any successful applicant will also be expected to support the City and Hackney Centre for Mental Health in providing care and treatment and upholding the safety of both patients and staff within the unit.
To co-ordinate and provide care and treatment to an identified group of patients without direct supervision. In addition, supporting junior staff in delivery of care provision.
Take responsibility for the development and delivery of evidence based practice for service users with complex needs, ensuring that it supports and reflects service user individual needs, Trust objectives and professional guidance.
Promotes evidence based practice and embeds QI.
Contribute towards ensuring that the ward functions as an integral part of the Directorate's services.
Effective communication with all relevant personnel both internal and external to the Trust.
To practice within professional guidelines and promote professional practice in clinical area.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations.
Job description Job responsibilities
Kindly refer to the job description and person specification that is attached to the vacancy profile.
Person Specification Education/ Qualification/ Training Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- Masters qualification or equivalent experience
- Specialist Area Training
- Leadership / Management Training
- Significant experience of management and leadership roles at band 6 level or above
- Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care
- Supporting and supervising students and junior staff
- Evidence of quality improvement
- Experience of working within a Perinatal mental health setting
- Working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of quality improvement practices
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for complex patients
- Minimising clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices
- Ability to recognize and manage stress, in self and others
- Ability to lead and develop a team
- Knowledge of implementing strategy, change management and practice development Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.