We are offering you the opportunity to join our well established and supportive team during a very exciting time as our service has been awarded a substantial capital investment to develop a bespoke Mental Health streaming area within the Emergency Department. We are looking to recruit an additional four Band 6 Practitioners to to team to support this development.
The Mental Health Liaison Service is a CORE 24, PLAN (Psychiatric Liaison Accreditation Network) accredited team working within Hull Royal Infirmary and Castle Hill hospitals, specialising in providing mental health care within the acute hospitals. You will be joining an already well established team that will be ready to support you.
We are welcoming interest from Registered Mental Health Nurses, Registered Social Workers or Registered Learning Disability Nurses working either at or towards a Band 6 level, who have experience of working in liaison/front line and crisis services or those who have worked with patients with complex mental health difficulties.
We are an ageless service working to address the mental health needs of people presenting to and receiving care in the acute setting. Common presentations include suicidal ideation, deliberate self-harm, depression, dementia, cognitive impairments, alcohol misuse, psychosis, adjustment to illness and physical and psychological co-morbidities. We assess people in the Emergency Department (ED) and from any ward across the hospitals.
Main duties of the job
In this role you will;
- Offer a Mental Health and Risk assessment service to an ageless patient group presenting at the general hospital with a broad range of mental health, psychological problems and diagnosed psychiatric illnesses.
- Be committed to the parity of esteem agenda, and work closely with both physical and mental health clinicians to ensure a seamless delivery of care.
- Provide a Mental health consultation, liaison and advice service throughout the departments.
- Assist and supporting general hospital colleagues in making decisions about treatment and care in complex situations.
- Provide formal and informal education and case consultation to registered and unregistered staff.
- Provide a communication structure between secondary mental health services, primary care and non-statutory services, as a means of ensuring the highest possible standards of patient care.
We are Lead by two Consultant Psychiatrist's and Clinical Leads and we offer real commitment to your professional development.
Whilst Practitioners are expected to work autonomously providing mental Health assessments and interventions to our patients, there is an emphasis within the team of Multi-disciplinary working and managing care jointly. We are an extremely supportive team and hold a wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise within our team. We encourage this to be shared to promote learning and to provide the best and safest care possible to our patients and their families.
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers care to communities in Hull, East Yorkshire, Scarborough and Ryedale and Whitby. We deliver safe, effective and integrated health services that improve the physical, mental and social health and wellbeing of our patients and service users.
To find out more about our wide range of services including mental health, learning disabilities, children and young people service, Forensic, Community and Primary Care visit our Trust website humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 2,800 colleagues that work together across our wide geography and specialties to change lives every day. We're extremely proud of our Trust community and we know you can expect to receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started
Job description Job responsibilities
For further details with regards to this vacancy opportunity, please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information.
If you are interested in this post and would like further information then we would welcome you to contact Emma Hooley, Clinical Lead (email@example.com) or Emma Thompson, Team Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 01482 226226. Please do not contact us for application forms.
Humber offer many staff benefits. For more information please access this link. https://online.flippingbook.com/view/899674617/
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Full understanding of relevant policy, legislation, drivers and their application to clinical and service area, e.g. Mental Capacity Act, Social Inclusion
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical areanced level of practice
- Evidence of project work that has impacted on practice and demonstrates a higher level of communication/planning/change that impacts within own area of work/responsibility
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the clinical area at specialist level of care
- Evidence of development of specialist practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Development of specialist/advanced level of practice skills and able to demonstrate the impact of this on practice change/development
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
- Post registration/graduate diploma or equivalent experience in related work area, to demonstrate advanced level of practice
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring pre-registration students
- Leadership training/qualification/experience
Personal Attributes Essential
- Effective inter-personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring
- Ability to demonstrate ethical values and attitudes within a culture of equality and diversity
- Ability to lead and motivate staff to embrace change
- Working knowledge of Trust policies and procedures in order to effectively lead and manage others
Effort and Environment Essential
- Requirement for frequent concentration e.g. assessments, care plans. The work may be unpredictable.
- Ability to commute between the various sites
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.