An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Band 7 NMP ( Non-Medical Prescriber ) Mental Health Practitioner with the Swadlincote PCN. As part of the NHS Long Term Plan and working alongside DHCFT Living Well Service we have an innovative and unique role integrated within Primary Care Networks.
If you feel you can make a real difference to the mental wellbeing of a local population and are passionate about delivering evidenced based interventions then a career with us could be just what you are looking for.
You will be a valued and respected colleague within both the PCN and DHCFT team. This role is an exciting opportunity to work closely with GP surgeries.
You will be able to help educate and support teams within primary care.
There will be opportunities of innovation as well as continuing training and development opportunities.
For an informal chat about the role or for any questions you may have, please feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
The service provides appointments for Swadlincote General practice registered patients. The role will provide opportunity to work within the Primary Care Setting and alongside DHCFT Mental Health and the Living well project.
You will have opportunity to help shape the services functionality, outcomes and the overall outlook of the new integration.
You will have opportunity to work with the team to help shape the triaging system. You will consult with patients within the Swadlincote Practices; this will be a combination of remote consultations and face to face depending on need.
Your role will be a combination of supporting with triage and managing your own intervention consultations as well as reviewing medications effectiveness and side effects , physical effects ( and tasking GP as necessary ) and prescription of suitable medication .
You will consult, taking a brief focused history and conducting a risk assessment, formulation of need and onward plan.
You will work both autonomously and as part of a wider team.
You will also be required to offer supervision to the DHCFT PCN B6 Mental Health Practitioners
You will also have opportunity to support general practice staff within the Swadlincote primary care networks. This support will build the confidence of staff in managing mental health, will build the resilience of individual members of staff and improve quality of the service.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Working for Swadlincote PCN :
'As health and well-being coaching is relatively new within the NHS, I have benefited from support from the clinical and non-clinical teams at Gresleydale but also the health and well-being coaches at the other 4 practices within Swadlincote PCN. This has meant I am able to tailor my support to our patients but also work collaboratively to ensure all patients in the PCN are provided with the same level of care and support. Working with my colleagues within the PCN and having regular meetings to discuss progress and any barriers we have faced means we have been able to adapt the role as it develops over time, this has been extremely useful for me'
Amy Toidball, Health and Well-Being Worker, Swadlincote PCN.
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
- The post holder will exercise advanced clinical expertise, levels of judgment, discretion and decision making in clinical care
- The post holder will ensure patients receive appropriate investigation, intervention and treatment with minimal avoidable delays, whilst improving the quality and experience of care.
- In collaboration with the Service Manager, to monitor and lead improvements to standards of care through, supervision of practice, clinical audit, evidenced based practice, teaching and supporting professional colleagues and the provision of skilled professional leadership.
- The post holder will lead and manage a prescribing and clinic service in collaboration with the GPs within the PCN team.
- To be responsible for completing specialist mental health assessments and developing pharmacological treatment plans as an autonomous practitioner and to monitor interventions, ensuring compliance in accordance with Trust policy.
- To maintain professional standards, ensuring adherence to all relevant policies and procedures to ensure the delivery of high-quality care.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Professional qualification, e.g. RMN
- Non-medical prescribing qualification - as an independent prescriber
- Substantial experience of community MDT working.
- Substantial experience of assessing and prescribing treatments for mental health problems ( Adults of working age )
- Current knowledge and understanding of a wide variety mental health needs and ability to demonstrate clinical competence.
- Can evidence knowledge of effective risk assessment.
- Understanding of Equality and Diversity issues and their application in a healthcare setting
- Highly specialised range of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective time management and organisational skills.
- Effective teaching and presentation skills.
- Evidence of leadership skills and development project work.
- Clinical supervision skills.
Dispositional Attributes Essential
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Caring approach to the role and needs of the client
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.