Are you an experienced Social Worker who demonstrates their values through their practice?
Do you have what it takes to lead, shape and influence social care practice within an integrated environment?
Are you team player who respects everyones contribution in improving the experience and offer to people we support?
Are you looking to be part of a forward thinking, positive and supportive team who celebrates difference and success passionately?
If you have answered Yes to all these questions, then we may be able to provide you with the next step in your career.
Bedford Community Mental Health Services are transforming, as is our workforce. We are looking for a Social Worker Manager to work with the Borough Lead Social Worker in the implementation of our refreshed integrated Adult Social Care Pathway. You will know the value of partnership working, have a breadth of experience working in Adult Social Care and be confident in practice supported sound legal literacy. You will be committed to working alongside the people we support and our staff in continually seeking to improve our offer. In return, you can expect to be supported in taking forward innovative practice, professional and career development and collaborative leadership style.
For an informal discussion or further information, please contact Sarah Cavill at email@example.com.
Main duties of the job
- To manage the effective delivery of all functions of the team, ensuring that robust arrangements are in place to support service users and carers
- To ensure compliance with the Trust's Equality and Diversity Policy, supporting the delivery of the Trust's Race Equality Scheme and the Trust's duty to positively promote race equality, ensuring services are responsive to the needs of people with protected characteristics
- To support the continued efficient and effective management of the team, providing leadership and supervision to a multi-disciplinary staff group
- To offer professional supervision to the social workers in the team and to ensure they have access to and undertake continual professional development
- To be responsible for the management of the team caseload, overseeing referrals, assessments and allocation of service users to social work staff, ensuring that person centered and recovery focused interventions are embedded into practice
- To assess and manage risk with advice in more complex and higher risk cases where there are barriers to acceptance to ensure vulnerable people are supported to make safe choices
- To advise on least restrictive risk management approaches taking into account the principles of the Mental Capacity Act.
- Ensure that all records are kept in accordance with guidance and monitor and support report writing and record keepin
- Produce high quality and timely reports for tribunals, incidents, and complaints.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please could you kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Qualificatiions Essential
- oRegistered Professional Social Worker, with current registration with HCPC.
- oEvidence of post registration continue professional development, qualifications or equivalent experience
- oEducated to degree level or equivalent experience
- oManagement or Leadership Qualification
- oPractice Educator or mentor
- oPrevious experience or evidence of transferable experience of working within a community mental health setting and case load management
- oPrevious experience of managing others and functioning as a team member
- oPrevious experience of Management and Clinical Supervision of others, including annual appraisal
- oPrevious experience of organisational change
- oPrevious experience of service development, quality improvement and of bringing innovation and new ideas to practice
- oThe ability to assertively engage resistant service users with complex clinical needs & associated risks
- oCourt proceedings
- Previous experience of working within the NHS and with senior allied professionals, internal and external stake holders
- Previous experience delivering therapeutic interventions such as PSI/ CBT
Knowledge and Skills Essential
- oComputer literacy
- oExcellent organisational skills - able to prioritise own work and manage own time.
- oExcellent oral and written communication and presentation skills and the ability to meet tight timelines
- oExcellent skills of conflict resolution, negotiation and facilitation
- oActs upon service user and carer feedback and information to improve the way things are done taking personal responsibility for resolving
- oAbility to build relationships and negotiate satisfactory outcomes with internal and external Stakeholders.
- oAnticipates and takes action in order to create and seize opportunities to avoid crises taking an overview of complex situations to generate new perspectives - 'thinks outside the box' identifies and implements quick wins where possible
- oAbility to review and analyse complex data and recommend a course of action and objectives and motivate staff to achieve them
- oEuropean Computer Driving Licence(ECDL) and mobility to work across multiples settings in the locality
- oExcellent knowledge of current and relevant local and national agendas that impact upon community mental health services and the wider health and social care system and the ability to understand and disseminate this knowledge to others.
- oSound knowledge and understanding of the Mental Health Act (1983/ 2007/ 2014/5), Care Act (2014), relevant national standards, No Health without Mental Health (2011) and other relevant national policies
- oVery good understanding of recovery principles and NICE guidance in relation to mental health community services and the ability to ensure that evidence based practice with clear clinical outcomes is embedded into practice
- Demonstrate a knowledge base for substance misuse and associated risks
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.