An exciting opportunity is available to work in a split specialist physiotherapy role.
The job role will be split between pelvic health and musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- To provide a high standard of advanced evidence based physiotherapy practise to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical/psychological conditions, whilst maintaining accurate records.
- To autonomously manage own caseload within the speciality, take delegated responsibility from a senior professional and supervise and delegate to Band 5 colleagues / Health Care Support Workers (HCSW).
- To co-ordinate and ensure effective delivery of Physiotherapy services to patients wherever they may be, including in their own homes.
- Demonstrating leadership by imparting knowledge and skills, guiding further knowledge acquisition and acting as a mentor for junior staff and students.
- To undertake relevant research/audit within Physiotherapy, developing a practice portfolio and implementing best practice in line with National Guidelines.
- To be an active member of the out of hours emergency respiratory on-call rota and participate in other weekend rota's and 7 day working as required across the Health Board.
Main duties of the job
We are really excited to welcome a new Specialist Physiotherapist to the Pelvic Health and MSK Physiotherapy team here at Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board.
This is a great opportunity to develop your clinical skills managing acute and chronic injuries and be part of a dynamic team of Pelvic Health and MSK Physiotherapists.
The post holder will be responsible for the comprehensive assessment and identification of problems of patients, including those with complex presentation, producing a highly specialised treatment plan based on a sound knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, reasoning skills and knowledge of physical treatment skills.
They will be required to work independently as part of our Pelvic health and MSK OP team, with fantastic learning opportunities and the opportunity to support the team lead on site.
The physiotherapy department will be looking for an HCPC registered physiotherapist who can demonstrate previous comprehensive experience of working within the field of pelvic health and musculoskeletal physiotherapy; and have a good working knowledge of NHS systems and procedures. The post holder will require the ability to perform and cope with all aspects of manual handling and carry out the full range of duties required of the post.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer; around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree/Diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Evidence of broad spectrum NHS training
- Experience of NHS Health Systems
- Evidence of Specialist Pelvic health/ MSK interest/development
- Previous pelvic health experience
- Broad range of Band 5 rotational experience
- Band 6 Experience
- Oncall competencies
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.