This post is only open to those candidates who already have their NMC registration in place and have successfully completed the preceptorship programme. Please note: Newly qualified applicants or those due to qualify will be recruited via a separate process.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Registered Mental Health Nurse within the Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys AMH rehabilitation and recovery unit, Primrose Lodge in Chester Le Street. Primrose Lodge is a 15 bedded unit. We focus on facilitation of further recovery including managing medication, psychosocial interventions and gaining skills for more independent living including ADL skills and community activities. There are plans to move to a new 8 bedded unit based in Shildon in September 2022. Primrose Lodge provides a range of therapeutic activities and rehab interventions that are person centered to support service users to progress with their recovery and live in the community. These include:
- Occupational therapy
- Psychological Therapy (inc. psychologically informed care)
- Social Activities
- Gym sessions and exercise
- Outdoor activities
- Budgeting skills
- Multi Agency working i.e social care, housing
- Patient involvement via community meeting & progress reviews
- Involvement in formulation meeting planning, care on the ward and discharge planning.
Main duties of the job
Primrose Lodge works collaboratively with patient's relatives and carers to provide needs led, patient centered approach, managing risk, developing a plan of care and recovery focused therapeutic interventions, working towards a safe planned discharge. We will support you by offering regular supervision, training opportunities and encourage your development.
Daily roles would include the following :
- Taking, receiving and complying comprehensive handovers.
- Share/lead in the daily report out with the extended MDT.
- To allocate tasks to the team, appropriate to their skill level and experience.
- Attend Formulation's/reviews/discharges
- Contact with the wider MDT on a daily basis.
- Contact and engagements with families/carers.
- Named nurse role
- Recovery focused care planning
- Administer medication.
- Supervisor/Assessor for students
- Partake in clinical, management and group supervision and be a clinical supervisor
- Well written documentation, individualised care plans, risk assessments, safety plans etc.
- The successful applicants will be expected to work shifts covering 24/7 days and nights and public holidays
We are geographically one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the country with an annual income of £423m and a workforce of over 7,500 staff operating from around 160 sites. Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and learning disability services for the people of County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, North Yorkshire, York and Selby, serving a population of around 2 million people. We also provide additional specialist services to other parts of Northern England.
We deliver our services by working in partnership with 8 local authorities and clinical commissioning groups, a wide range of voluntary organisations, as well as service users, their carers and the public. The services are spread over a wide geographical area of around 3,600 square miles, which includes coastal, rural and industrial areas. Our alues
The most important way we will get there is by living our values all of the time. These are:
- Respect - listening, inclusive, working in partnership
- Compassion - kind, supporting, recognising and celebrating
- Responsibility - honest, learning, ambitious
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further detailed information to ensure that you meet the role criteria before applying.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- RNMH, current professional registration with NMC
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- MIP, FLIP, ENB 998 Teaching & Assessing in Clinical Practice or City & Guilds 730 Teaching in Adult Education or willingness to work towards. Qualification must be achieved within agreed timescale
- Trained Clinical Supervisor (within agreed timescale)
- Key skills in literacy, numeracy and ITQ level 2 (or equivalent)
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant area
- Working with people with mental ill health
- Working collaboratively with service users and their families/carers
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Working in partnership with other agencies
- Mental Health Rehabilitation experience
- Evidenced based knowledge of best practice in caring for patients in the designated field
- Understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act).
- Care Programme Approach and its application in practice.
- Understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice.
- Clinical Risk Assessment and Management and its application in practice.
- Clinical Governance and its application in practice.
- Research and development methodology.
- Awareness of psychological models of care and treatment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.