We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Team Leader for the Crisis and Home Treatment Team based in Worthing. If you are either an experienced leader or someone who wants to take up their first leadership post this is an exciting and enjoyable role. You must be a positive and compassionate leader that can organise a team efficiently and with understanding. If you are committed to leading and delivering quality driven mental health services, we'd love you to join us! Our Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team (CRHTT) works closely with our team in The Haven at Meadowfield Hospital and is integral to our Urgent Care Pathway. These services ensure people presenting to acute mental health services receive a compassionate, person- centred assessment and timely care plan whether this occurs in The Haven or with CRHTT in the patient's own home. To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID.
Main duties of the job You will be an excellent communicator and will be demonstrate a co-ordination and leadership function with a particular focus on:
This role is all about collaborating with your peers to drive positive change and creating a working environment where others can thrive.
- Management of referrals including delivery of care
- Performance monitoring and management of the service and teams
- To ensure that the teams function in line with the care group core business.
- Building trusting relationships with local partners and be instrumental in the further development of the urgent care pathway.
About us We provide mental health and learning disability care for children, young people and adults across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire. Working in Sussex:
We'd love you to join our organisation that is rated 'good' overall and 'outstanding' for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority. Key staff survey results include:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the city life with great access to visit Brighton and London
- With easy access to Gatwick and Heathrow and excellent railway links across the UK there is plenty of opportunity for adventure
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
Job description Job responsibilities This is an exciting opportunity to make a real difference and develop new ways of working. You will need a good understanding of the key policies and issues influencing Urgent Care Services, alongside an ability to lead change to improve patient and staff experience of our urgent care services. Previous experience of managing a team of clinicians, working in acute services or home treatment teams is desirable, although not essential. You will be fully supported to make a difference. We would love team leaders who wish to develop their leadership and management skills and we will facilitate this with regular supervision, training and development opportunities and support from a professional, friendly leadership team who are committed to providing high quality care. We would particularly welcome applicants who have an interest in learning disability and autism. As our Coastal Urgent Care Pathway moves towards CORE 24 standards, the post holder would need to supports the work of and across the Urgent Care Teams.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Educated to minimum diploma level with a relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of CPD
- Significant experience of and demonstrable achievement in clinical practice
- Experience of providing professional support/supervision and motivation of staff
- Understanding of Health and Social Care Governance
- Experience of managing staff
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.