Mind Matters Surrey NHS are an innovative IAPT service looking for enthusiastic and motivated Qualified / Newly Qualified High Intensity, CBT Therapists for a 1 year Maternity leave cover.
Your role will be a blend of in-person working in Guildford, Epsom or Chertsey and remote home working, delivering evidence-based interventions, one to one and in group settings, to adults (aged 17yrs+) presenting with Depression and Anxiety related problems.
Flexible working is at the heart of what we do, so that our employees dont just enjoy working for us, they thrive.
Youll be joining a strong, supportive team which is part of the Surrey and Borders NHS Partnership. We offer NHS benefits, including; agenda for change salary, NHS pension and the 5% outer London Fringe.
We are a forward thinking and progressive service offering plenty of opportunities for further training and career development, including 4 in-house CPD days per year, weekly supervision and monthly line management for all staff including those on fixed term contracts.
Main duties of the job
Wed like to hear from you if you are a CBT Therapist, or newly qualified CBT Therapist that can evidence their passing of the IAPT qualification below:
IAPT Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological therapies
BABCP Provisional/Full Accreditation. If you are newly qualified you will be able to evidence passing your course and be waiting to receive your exam board letter if you have not yet received it.
Recent evidence of working as a CBT Therapist within IAPT
Good IT skills and excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with colleagues and other services.
The role is a blend of face to face and remote work and all applicants will be expected to attend annual CPD days in person. You will be required to work a minimum of one evening per week Mon-Weds or a Saturday. Mind Matters operates late nights until 8pm on Mondays to Wednesday and during office hours Thursday to Saturday.
Ideally, we are looking for candidates seeking full time employment, but will consider part time for excellent candidates who can work a minimum of 3 days per week.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.
Job description Job responsibilities
As a CBT therapist you will expected to be computer literate, manage your own caseload using IAPTus. In addition, you will attend weekly supervision and monthly line management and team meetings.
You will be expected to deliver evidence based CBT sessions in person either in Epsom, Chertsey or Guildford and over the telephone and Teams video.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- IAPT Post Graduate Diploma in Psychological therapies.
- BABCP Provisional/Full Accreditation
- If you are newly qualified, you will be able to evidence passing the IAPT qualification. You may already have received your exam board date and be eligible for BABCP provisional accreditation. If you do not have evidence of having submitted your BABCP provisional accreditation you will be paid Band 6 salary until this can be evidenced.
- Recent evidence of working as a CBT Therapist within IAPT preferably using IAPTus.
- Good IT skills and excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to work in a collaborative way with colleagues and other services.
- Additional qualifications in EMDR or couples therapy for depression, or long term conditions top up training
- Able to speak another language aside from English
- Experience working within an IAPT service delivering evidence based CBT to people aged 17years +
- Long Term Conditions Training
- Working with disabilities
- Working with interpreters
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.