We are looking for an innovative, flexible and enthusiastic Advanced Practitioner to join our dedicated Personality Disorder service, the Complex Emotional Needs Service (CENS). We welcome applications from any registered profession, including nursing, social work, occupational therapy, and accredited therapists.
CENS is fast-paced and forward-thinking, care co-ordinatingindividuals who may receive a diagnosis of personality disorder, demonstrate risk related behaviours or present with other complex needs. Our work is psychologically informed and formulation driven, with a strong commitment to a multidisciplinary approach. We offer multi-agency/service joint working e.g. joint meetings with clients; supporting care plan development; providing psychoeducation; time-limited interventions; professionals meetings; supervision/consultation; and training. CENS leads in organisational development relevant to the people we support.
Main duties of the job
CENS support clients aged 17+ with complex presentations and experiences.
You will work in a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) that possesses skills and knowledge in a range of therapeutic models with special interest in this client group.
- Utilising/contributing to MDT care planning in line with psychological conceptualisations of 'personality disorder' and practice standards
- Care co-ordinating a caseload, of a reduced number compared to a CMHT.
- Flexibly responding to your own and the team's caseload
- Developing compassionate and respectful relationships with clients
- Promoting clients' ability to act on their own behalf
- Engaging in reflective forums to support effectiveness and wellbeing
- Assertively advocating for and co-ordinating formulation-driven and person-centred care across systems
- Contributing to development of such care in the wider organisation
- Supporting/developing care provided by other agencies (e.g. supported living providers)
We are an award winning and CQC rated good health and social care Trust that delivers integrated health services to communities across Hull, East and North Yorkshire. To find out more about our wide range of services visit humber.nhs.uk/Services
You will join our team of over 3,000 colleagues that work together to change lives. lives. We're proud of our Trust community and we know you will receive a warm welcome and all the support you'll need from your new team to get you started.
We are a forward thinking and dynamic Trust with a real commitment to staff development. We value our staff and invest in them to ensure they have the right skills to deliver outstanding care.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and promotes equality whilst challenging discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire is a great place to live and offers some of the most competitive house prices in the country with access to excellent schools and further and higher education providers.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help support a healthy work-life balance and support your overall health and wellbeing.
- Free on-site parking
- Buy and sell annual leave
- Cycle to work & car leasing schemes
- Extra day off on completion of mandatory training and receiving your flu vaccination
- Wide-range of Health & Wellbeing benefits
Job description Job responsibilities
For more information regarding the job description and person specification, please read the attached documents.
We welcome informal discussions about the post, please contact Dr Samantha McKenzie (Clinical Lead) - email@example.com or 01482 689163.
Person Specification Knowledge Essential
- Advanced/expert understanding of relevant clinical practice, standards and protocols within identified clinical area.
- Full understanding/application of relevant clinical practice/standards/audit within identified clinical area (e.g NICE Guidelines, NSF for Older People, Trust Falls Strategy
- Evidence of undertaking audits/surveys
- Member of specialist interest group/network, regionally or nationally
- Good working knowledge of relevant IT systems to own area of work
- Demonstrable experience of working in the specific field where the post is held
- Evidence of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to the professional in area to advanced level e.g. Masters/post-graduate diploma and equivalent knowledge/experiential learning
- Leadership/management experience which has had a positive impact and created change within the service delivery/practice
- Professional networking regionally and nationally
- Ability to work across team/organisational boundaries developing and maintaining multi-professional and multi-agency partnerships
- Experience of developing others through education, mentorship, coaching, teaching, assessing, presentations, publishing
- Current professional registration - this could be HCPC or NMC
- Educated to Masters Level (e.g. MSC in Professional Health Studies) or Masters level/Post Graduate modules plus significant relevant knowledge/ experience in complex long term condition case management
Personal Attributes Essential
- Effective inter-personal skills and experience in supervising and mentoring and teaching
- Good time management skills
- Able to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels i.e. strategically and locally
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.