An opportunity has arisen within our in-patient wards for enthusiastic and innovative Band 6 - Clinical Practice Leads (9 months fixed term) to join our busy and motivated teams at Forensic Service both at John Howard Centre and Wolfson House. This role will cover areas of our service on Broadgate ward (acute mental health) and Butterfield ward (rehabilitation service).
To be successful in this role, you will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and have a keen interest in working with patients being nursed in acute mental health wards. Our expectation is that you will be highly motivated and dynamic and able to demonstrate quality therapeutic interactions with service users.You will work closely with members of the wider multi-disciplinary team to offer recovery focused individual and group work with patients with a wide range of needs.
Main duties of the job
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care in keeping with evidence based practice
- Lead in direct care to complex service users and role model to junior staff.
- To provide specialist guidance to junior staff relevant to clinical speciality
- Ensuring that a high standard of practice is maintained in relation to the detention of mentally ill clients under the Mental Health Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards. Ensuring that least restrictive practices are promoted within individual care.
- Develop and implement specialist programmes of care which could include individual and group interventions.
- Ensure that care reflects individual and cultural needs
- Ensure that the ward environment is pleasant, clean, comfortable and suitable for its use at all times liaising with other departments as necessary.
- Ensure that the service provides holistic care that incorporates excellence in physical health care management.
Our mission is to make a positive difference to people's lives by improving the quality of life for all we serve. Our values are: We Care, We Respect, We are Inclusive - so we are looking for people who live and breathe these qualities when supporting service users and carers, and in their relationships with colleagues in the Trust and our partner organisations
Job description Job responsibilities
Please could you kindly refer to the job description and person specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education and Training Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health)
- OR Registered Nurse (Learning Difficulty)
- OR Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Mentorship certification
- Completion of Preceptorship
- Significant experience at band 5 level or above
- Working with people with mental health problems/ learning disabilities
- Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour
- Working within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience of providing individualized and culturally sensitive care
- Supporting and supervising students and junior staff
Knowkedge and Skills Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care for complex patients
- Minimising clinical risk and reducing restrictive practices
- Able to work systematically and objectively in an environment with patients who can present high risk behaviours
- Able to manage time so that deadlines are met
- Ability to recognize and manage stress, in self and others
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Able to work sensitively and compassionately with patients
- Emotional Intelligence and Personal Resilience
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of risk management and how to plan care to account for risk
- Knowledge of quality improvement practices
- Current Developments in nursing
- Knowledge of supervision and reflective practices processes
- Flexible working patterns in line with service
- Awareness of equal opportunities in the workplace
- Able to work within the accountability framework
- Personal Integrity
- Motivate team to providing the highest standards of care in a changing service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.