About the team:
The Croydon Home Treatment Team aims to provide an intensive short-term community-based treatment and care package aimed at facilitating recovery at home for people in crisis who would otherwise require inpatient care. We also facilitate early discharge for people receiving inpatient treatment. Our team comprises of multidisciplinary health and social care staff that consistently gatekeep referrals to ensure that the service users receive the right intervention at the right time. Our service operates between 0800-2200hrs seven days a week, 365 days a year. We are accessible for crisis referrals 24hrs a day via the Acute Referral Centre (ARC).
Main duties of the job About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for a psychology graduate with strong clinical skills and experience to develop their psychological competence in working with varied and complex mental health presentations in a multi-disciplinary team. The role combines the work of a Band 5 HTT Practitioner with the provision of low intensity crisis-specific psychological interventions. The post holder will receive supervision from both a senior HTT practitioner and the team senior psychological therapist. This post is attractive for a psychology graduate aiming for an applied psychology career.
The post holder will work autonomously to provide care for presenting service users from initial contact and assessment, formulating and delivering care plans, and evaluation of care. Home Treatment Practitioners are expected to work either the early or late shift which operates between the hours of 0800hrs to 2200hrs, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
The post holder will assess the risks and needs of service users to plan and evaluate care using a collaborative approach with service users and their carers. They will work alongside other members of the multi-disciplinary team to ensure effective care delivery, including the use of evidenced based interventions, risk assessment and management and safe discharge processes. The post holder will liaise effectively with other professionals and services to ensure good communication is maintained and care is transferred seamlessly. The post holder will ensure the physical health care needs of service users are appropriately addressed and monitored. The post holder will also undertake the role of shift co-ordinator on a rotating basis with other members of the team. This requires the organisation of tasks within the shift across the whole team and acting as the first point of contact for calls from professionals, service users and carers. Please see attached job description and person specification for more details.
Job description Job responsibilities Essential Requirements: Please clearly state how you meet the following:
Undergraduate degree in psychology; 2:1 or above (above 65%) or equivalent, with eligibility for British Psychological Society (BPS) Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC)
Experience of working with service users with mental health problems under the supervision of a qualified mental health professional
Ability to work autonomously and professionally in a mental health crisis service
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Psychology Graduate with minimum of 2:1 in Psychology
- Eligible for graduate basis of registration
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Training in specialised areas such as dual diagnosis or family work.
- Acute psychiatry experience
- Experience of delivering evidence based care to meet mental and physical health needs
- Relevant post-graduate clinical experience under the supervision of a qualified mental health practitioner
- Experience of supervising and teaching students
- Range of post qualification experience within mental health settings
- Experience of working with service users who are in crisis in the community
- Working with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Experience of working with clients who have complex needs
- Understanding of safe and effective alternatives to hospital care
- Working knowledge of mental health policy and legislation
- Good risk assessment and management skills
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Commitment to obtaining service user feedback and involving service users in the development of services
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.