Consultant Psychiatrist - Greenwich Home Treatment Team
Oxleas House, Stadium Rd, London SE18 4QH
10 PA's / 40 hours per week. Permanent. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust as a valued Consultant based at Oxleas House, providing medical input into the Home Treatment Team in Greenwich.
Main duties of the job
The home treatment team is a busy multidisciplinary service providing acute treatment to adult patients with a range of mental health diagnosis and psychosocial stressors across the borough of Greenwich. There is an additional home treatment team that will cover older adults over the age of 65 but the three boroughs' for the Trust; Bexley, Bromley and Greenwich general adult mental health HTTs support this and with this in mind there may at times be patients on the general adult HTT workload who will be >65 years of age. The caseload size varies and is not capped, please refer to the Job Description with details on the referrals made to the team for the last few months. Greenwich HTT as part of Trust acute and crisis service line will work in close liaison with Bromley and Bexley HTTs.
The post-holder will work with other members of the MDT including but not limited to nursing, social workers and psychologists who will work together to monitor individuals' safety, providing a range of interventions and working closely with families and carers.
The team work closely with the other wards based at Oxleas House; Shrewsbury, Avery and The TARN and will be involved in the bed-management programme for the unit helping to facilitate discharges and help prevent unnecessary hospital admissions by working closely with community teams.
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South East London and Kent and to people in prison. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,000 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, children's centres, schools and people's homes. We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations across the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent and manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital in Woolwich as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are one of the largest providers of prison health services providing healthcare to prisoners across Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
Job description Job responsibilities
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trusts personnel policies and procedures.
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder, operate within theparameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively and to submit this promptly to the informatics team.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the team and as appropriate for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- To attend and participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- To maintain professional registration with the General Medical Council, Mental Health Act Section 12(2) approval and to abide by professional codes of conduct.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.