We are seeking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist to join our Older Peoples Service (located in the South and West Bradford Team). This post will involve working both within the Older Peoples' Community Mental Teams and the Memory Assessment and Treatment Service and thus experience of working within mental health services and undertaking neuropsychological assessments is essential.
The successful candidate will work within a friendly and well-established multi disciplinary team (including nursing, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and psychiatry) and will work with colleagues, helping promote the implementation of psychologically informed care through the provision of consultation, supervision and teaching and training.
Within Bradford District Care Foundation NHS Trust, we place importance in training and supervision. There is a psychological therapy training budget and regular supervision available to staff. We have links with the Leeds University Doctorate in Clinical Psychology course and provide regular placements to trainees from the course. This job comes with guaranteed further training attached to it (this would be agreed with the successful applicant and could involve training in CBT, CAT, EMDR or family therapy), thus allowing us to support the ongoing professional development of our psychological therapies service and to continue to enhance our offer of psychological therapies for the older adults within our community.
Main duties of the job Job Purpose:
- To provide specialist evidence based psychological input for the Older Peoples' Community Mental Health Teams; providing psychological assessment, formulation and therapy as appropriate and making autonomous clinical decisions about ones' own professional practice.
- Undertaking and interpreting detailed neuropsychological assessments as part of the Memory Assessment and Treatment Service.
- Providing supervision to psychology colleagues, including other Clinical Psychologists, trainee clinical Psychologists and Assistant Psychologists on a regular basis.
- The provision of consultation, teaching and training and supervision to non-psychologist colleagues, promoting psychologically informed care. Providing clinical consultation and advice to healthcare professionals across all localities, including collaboration with identified primary care practices.
- To ensure the clinical effectiveness of own practice and of service functioning by undertaking research and development activities relevant to the service area
- Assisting with service development, supporting research and development activities
Closing Date: 5th October 2022
Shortlisting Date: 6th October 2022
Proposed Interview Date: 17th October 2022
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including :
Advanced Fuel expenses payment
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement across all service areas and activities.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please read the attached Job description and person specification for more information about this role.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology
- Further training in CBT/CAT/EMDR or a willingness to undertake training in this
- Experience of working with older adults
- Experience of working in an MDT
- Experience of undertaking detailed neuropsychological assessments
- Completion of supervisors training ensuring the successful candidate can offer placements to D Clin Trainees
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.