Consultant Psychiatrist, Lancaster & Morecambe Home Treatment Team
*Welcome bonus payable* This post is eligible for a 5% payment of basic salary payable over two years.
We are looking to recruit a Consultant Psychiatrist in General Adult Psychiatry to join the Home Treatment Team in Lancaster and Morecambe. This full time (10PA), permanent post would be based at East Barn, Lancaster.
Main duties of the job
The Home Treatment Team (HTT)
supports adults of working age living in the Lancaster & Morecambe community. The team has various functions including assessment, gate keeping and a home treatment function as an alternative to admission. This also includes facilitating early discharge from hospital. The main clinical duties are arranged around conducting clinics for new patients and follow up reviews. This includes patients seen by the trainees in a fully supervised clinic.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.
- This post is eligible for a bonus payment of 5% of basic salary paid in 4 instalments over 2 years. Do get in touch with us to find out more about our posts and this added welcome bonus to all our eligible new appointees.
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Study leave budget of £3000 over 3 years or up to £5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultant
- Relocation package available, up to £8k with studio accommodation available in Preston if needed too.
Job description Job responsibilities
Its also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we are expanding our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, GIRFT, research and Mental Health Law. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area, along with other areas of interest such as mentorship, becoming an appraiser and more.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEd
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details about this post and opportunity.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approval or within 3 months
- AC Status or within 3 months
- Excellent knowledge and experience in specialty
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.