We are seeking an RMN, OT, or Social Worker to take up this exciting opportunity to work in a well established crisis service, offering short-term intensive assessment & intervention to young people in crisis, as well as their families within a supportive multi-disciplinary team.
We welcome applicants who have not worked in CAMHS crisis services but have transferable skills relevant to the role such as skills and experience in working with young people and families with complex difficulties, including experience in completing assessments, delivering therapeutic interventions and risk management. We offer regular supportive supervision and mentoring, to help you develop and feel confident/supported in this role. We are keen to develop our team to consist of multi-disciplines and ensure staff have opportunities to develop themselves and the service.
The post holder will offer structured and Individualised interventions to meet the young person's underlying needs, as guided by clinical formulations. This will involve working with both young people and their families individually and in group settings. Therapeutic interventions will be offered such as DBT/CBT informed work, support to parents/carers, both of which may be delivered individually or as a group. Training will be provided.
Main duties of the job
- Provide therapeutic short-term intensive interventions to young people and their families, as appropriate
- To complete full psycho-social assessment of young people presenting in a Crisis
- Independently manage an appropriately sized caseload (with supervision and support)
- Offer supervision and training to junior colleagues
- To work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and within a multiagency system of care, by involving multi-agency input around the children and young people's needs.
- Maintain own continuing professional development and contribute to team professional development initiatives
Benefits of working for Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Staff accommodation
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- New starters have a 6 month probationary period. This, together with the induction process aims to create a positive supportive working environment allowing new employees to learn key elements of their role over a reasonable timescale.
Job description Job responsibilities
Provide a quality needs-led service as part of the multi-disciplinary team, which will include working flexibly across a 7-day week on a shift rota between 8am and 8pm, and participating in the on call cover as noted above. Responding promptly to urgent and emergency requestsfor assessments, and meeting young people wherever they may feel most comfortable.
Please see attached JD/PS for more information
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree Level - OT, RMN or SW
- Skills gained through experience
- Years Experience / Transferable Skills
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.