The mental health street triage team is a dynamic and responsive team working alongside Merseyside police, Northwest Ambulance Service and British Transport Police and is one of only a few similar teams across the country.
The aims of the Mental Health Triage Car are to support service users at the point of crisis, to reduce the demands that mental health challenges in the community place upon emergency service resources and reduce the number of A&E attendances and s136 detentions.
This post is subject to enhancedpolice vettingandan enhanced DBS Check with children's and adult's barred list
Main duties of the job
The role involves working in collaboration with Police and Ambulance colleagues at a variety of bases and in the community. The service works towards the vulnerability model supporting people with mental health issues, substance misuse and safe guarding needs. The post holder(s) needs to demonstrate the ability to effectively recognize, assess and manage risk in an autonomous role.
The role also requires the formulation of safe and effective treatment plans for patients in crisis situations.
Another aspect of this position is supporting Emergency Services and service users at the point of crisis via a dedicated telephone service.
The core role includes; face to face assessment, specialist mental health assessments, supporting and sharing information with the wider emergency services community and acting in an advisory capacity in conjunction regards to mental health and capacity law.
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.
Job description Job responsibilities
Participate in regular clinical and managerial supervision as per Trust policy.
Participate in supervision to monitor standards of service user care and documentation.
Assist with screening and telephone triage of referrals, prioritizing as appropriate. Provide information for referrers, service users and carers.
Formulate, contribute and participate in the development and implementation of specialist assessments, including risk, with patients requiring crisis care. Formulate and deliver plans of care as appropriate in collaboration with the multi- disciplinary team
Carry out generic and specialist assessments including risk with patients requiring crisis care.
Formulate and deliver plans of care as appropriate.
Provide short-term evidence based practices and fixed term interventions
Support the delivery of education and self-help materials within a variety of locations.
Develop and maintain effective working partnerships with services in other statutory and non-statutory organisations.
Assist in the development and implementation of integrated care pathways, including appropriate service user assessments/referrals and models of care.
Ensure the clinical environment is conductive to promote service users health, safety and well-being, thereby preserving and respecting each services users personal dignity, privacy, religious and cultural beliefs.
Ensure record keeping is in accordance with Professional and Trust standards.
Ensure the safe management of medicines and adhere to safe practice and principles of administration in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Trust Medicines Code.
Work in a professional and collaborative manner with the Multi- disciplinary Team.
Participate and promote positive intra-agency working.
Participate and assist in setting standards of service user care based on sound research findings and evidenced based practice.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered on the appropriate part of the NMC register and hold a current NMC registration or holds a relevant professional qualification (to be maintained)
- Experience of mentorship, supervision and co-ordination of staff.
- Experience of Care Planning process working in a multi-agency framework.
- Demonstrate a contribution to change management process
- Demonstrate experience of problem solving approaches
- Recovery model
- Mental Health Act (1983)
- Effective Care Co-ordination
- Relevant national policies and guidance
- Evidence based and reflective practice
- Mental Capacity Act
- Vulnerable Adults Procedure and Child Protection
- Safety, Privacy and Dignity Guidelines
- Continuous Improvement
- High professional standards
- Responsive to service users
- Engaging leadership style
- Strong customer service belief
- Transparency and honesty
- Change oriented
- Demonstrate sound leadership qualities and an understanding of management styles
- Understanding of quality and change in the clinical setting
- Ability to delegate and co-ordinate
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to utilise assessment skills and tools effectively
- Ability to communicate in a variety of settings
- IT skills
- Able to present factual information and refer questions to others where appropriate
- Able to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues
- Effective time and workload management
- Mentorship skills and record keeping
- Ability to identify and minimise risk effectively
- Due to the nature of the post it is essential that the successful applicant has the means and the ability to travel across multiple sites throughout the Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.