Are you looking to make a difference to the rewarding and expanding area of Perinatal Mental Health? Do you want to work in a supportive team, for a service which invests in its staff? We have recently been commissioned to expand the Maternal Mental Health Service across Greater Manchester. We are looking for compassionate, innovative, creative and enthusiastic practitioners to join our supportive and nurturing team and deliver high quality talking therapies for people with perinatal trauma and/or perinatal loss.
The Maternal Mental Health Service delivers Psychologically Led, Trauma Informed Care. We work closely with Maternity, Reproductive and Psychological Services. As a team, we offer Peer Support through Third Sector Organisations such as Finding Rainbows and Dads Matter. The service is being co-designed and co-produced with our experts with lived experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join us in our journey in the expansion and development of our service. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience.
Main duties of the job
The post-holder will join a multi-disciplinary team and will take a role in the development and delivery of the service, ensuring that it is trauma informed.
The post holder will hold a caseload and provide specialist psychological assessment, psychological formulation, and psychological therapy, with a focus on trauma-focused therapy.
They will also provide expert case consultation and training to professionals within the integrated pathway.
The post-holder will commit to hold an attitude which respects and values service users' choice and ensures they, partners, and families are at the centre of care planning.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years Excellent pension Cycle to work scheme Salary sacrifice car scheme Wellbeing programme Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Education Essential
- oA qualification in health care at graduate level in nursing, social work or allied health profession PLUS professional registration (e.g HCPC, NMC) PLUS post graduate diploma (or equivalent) in cognitive behaviour therapy. OR oA post graduate diploma in cognitive behavioural therapy and accreditation with the British Association of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
- oPost qualification training in a specialised area of psychological practice (e.g EMDR, DBT).
- oExperience in offering appropriate assessment of clients, to use judgement in the planning of care, and to implement specific evidence based therapies.
- oExperience of applying cognitive behavioural therapy approaches.
- oExperience of using trauma focused interventions.
- oExperience of using psychometric measures.
- oExperience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment.
- oExperience of conducting high quality risk assessments and implementing risk management plans.
- oExperience of working effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- oExperience of providing supervision to other professionals.
- oExperience of teaching and training to other professionals.
- oBe able to provide effective liaison with colleagues in the wider maternity system, as well as other statutory / non statutory services relevant to the client and their ongoing needs.
- oContribute when required, to team research and development activities.
- oEvidence of CPD as recommended by a professional registration body.
- oKnowledge of policy and legislation in relation to service specialism and of relevant mental health legislation.
Skills and abilities Essential
- oCommunicate directly with clients, partners and families and other healthcare professionals, complex and potentially emotive information
- oDemonstrate skills in the use of complex methods of psychological assessment, intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- oDemonstrate well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, highly technical, and clinically sensitive information to clients, their families and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- oAbility to organise time effectively.
- oAbility to use own initiative and to work under supervision where appropriate.
- oAbility to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team and to liaise effectively with other professionals.
- oSkills in organising and facilitating groups for the provision of psychological interventions.
- oSkills in providing consultation to other professionals and non-professional groups.
Other requirements Essential
- oAbility to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
- oAbility to identify, and employ, as appropriate, clinical governance mechanisms for the support and maintenance of clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour.
- oAbility to travel to a range of locations in a timely and efficient manner.
- oExperience of working within a multicultural framework.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.