NEUROMODULATION STAFF NURSE BAND 5 HOURS: FULL TIME MID & SOUTH
Are you a registered Mental Health Nurse looking for a challenge? If so we have a fantastic opportunity for you. We are looking fora Registered Mental Health Nurseto join ourNeuromodulation service Mid & South.
The successful candidate will be a competent practitioner with a proven record of leadership skills as a band 5 nurse and able to take responsibility for the overseeing of the Neuromodulation Service and there is an expectation that the candidate will have the knowledge and skills to support the service clinically across each of the treatments offered. You will also need to have a passion for innovative treatments in mental health and neuromodulation. You will be able to demonstrate:
- excellent risk assessment skills,
- communicate effectively, both written and verbally;
- demonstrate compassion, understanding, commitment, enthusiasm,
- above all be highly motivated.
Main duties of the job
- Attending to the physical and psychological needs of the patients under the care of the neuromodulation service.
- Assist the Matron in the day to day operation of the clinical area, and the development of the team.
- Ensure that the environment is clean, pleasant and comfortable and suitable for its use at all times, taking action as appropriate to ensure high standards are maintained. Adhering to Infection Prevention & Control standards.
- Ensure that accurate and objective information is recorded and signed by the appropriate member of staff.
- Establish therapeutic relationships with individual clients, relatives and carers.
- Ensure effective and confidential communication at all times maintaining strict confidentiality with regard to any information concerning patients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the needs of carers of patients with mental health problems.
- To fully comply with the requirements of the NMC and upkeep of registration.
- Be aware of the Mental Health Act 1983 and be aware of clients detained under section of the Mental Health Act 1983 in the clinical area.
- Understand the need for personal responsibility in relation to using the correct techniques for moving and handling patients.
- Establish positive professional and appropriate relationships with patients adopting a non-judgemental approach. Always be prepared to listen and treat each patient with respect and courtesy; valuing them as individuals.
Please see Job Description for more details
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bank.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information please refer to Job Description and Person Specification attached to this vacancy.
Person Specification Education/Qualifications Essential
- Registration Mental Health Nurse RMN Part 3
- High standard of education
- Qualification in the mentorship of students.
- Experience in risk assessment of service user activity
- Experience of vulnerable adult and children protection - processes and management
- Experience of using an electronic information system
- Experience of supervising junior staff and completion of yearly appraisals
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.