We currently have an exciting opportunity for Registered Mental Health Nurses to join us on Ward 36 at the Radbourne Unit.
Ward 36 is an all male adult acute ward and is where you will find a positive, supportive and friendly team. Working with males can be challenging and rewarding.
You must be dynamic, organised, enthusiastic and motivated with evidence of continued professional development.
You will need excellent communication and assessment skills and be able to use your initiative and keep calm in a busy and unpredictable environment.
Staff that have completed their preceptorship will have the opportunity to enrol in our Band 5-6 competency-based programme, with a view to becoming a Band 6 senior staff nurse once completed - an excellent development opportunity unique to our acute inpatient areas.
You will join a nurturing team providing individualised recovery focused assessment and care planning for adults of working age.
The post will provide an ideal opportunity to extend your skill base in acute care with opportunities to become involved in a variety of work streams including recruitment, service and staff development and audit.
Main duties of the job
- Work as part of a team responsible for the delivery of Patient/Client Centred Care.
- Promote and support service user and carer involvement as autonomy and choices are an integral part of the philosophy of the Trust.
- Respond to the needs of people in an honest, non-judgemental and open manner which respects the rights of individuals and groups.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure that clinical services are delivered to the highest standard and in accordance with the most recent evidence based guidance.
- As a registered nurse, be personally accountable for your professional practice that will be delivered in accordance with the legal and professional responsibilities outlined by the NMC.
- Ensure that services are provided in a safe and supportive environment and at all times adopt a professional approach to your work promoting a positive image to services users/carers and the general public.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account. 1.1
Be a professional role model for the delivery of high quality nursing care. 1.2
Deliver Care in accordance with the most recent evidence based guidance and research. This will provide the foundation to the Care Programme Approach - assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care, as part of an effective multi-disciplinary approach. 1.3
Promote and support service users and carers involvement in the clinical decision making process. 1.4
Work as part of a team to ensure appropriate evidence based clinical risk assessments are undertaken. 1.5
Ensure that care plans are evidence based and address the needs of the individual service user. 1.6
Always work in accordance to relevant legal and ethical requirements e.g. Mental Health Act 1993, Code of Practice, Health and Safety at Work Act etc. 1.7
Maintain high standards of clinical practice and participate in a process of change and development in order to improve the quality of service delivery. 1.8
Make use of effective interpersonal skills in relating to service users / carers and fellow team members. 1.9
Ensure a multi-professional approach to care is maintained respecting the diversity of colleagues roles and responsibilities. 1.10
Work closely with colleagues to ensure appropriate service delivery and maintain a high standard of care. 1.11
Ensure Trust and professional guidelines are maintained for record keeping. 1.12
Participate in the process of clinical supervision, both as supervisor and supervisee. 1.13
Participate in the process of individual performance review and personal development planning. 1.14
Ensure that the physical and psychological well-being of each individual service user is the foundation for care delivery.
Person Specification Education Essential
- RN Part 3/13
- Educated to Diploma Level (i.e. Dip HE Nursing) or evidence of post qualification education / training (working towards Diploma qualification)
- ENB 997/8, NVQ Assessor, CG 730 or equivalent or willing to undertake appropriate course
- Evidence of up to date Personal Development Plan, Professional Portfolio
- Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of professional accountability and codes of conduct and their application in practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and lead a care team.
- Demonstrate knowledge and developing expertise of CPA / Risk Assessment and Management skills
- Demonstrate development of leadership skills such a motivation, facilitation, mentorship etc.
- Demonstrate up to date evidence based knowledge for chosen area of clinical Nursing Practice.
- Demonstrate exposure to and knowledge of Clinical Governance in action (audit, research clinical effectiveness etc).
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and develop practice around best available information.
- Demonstrate the development of operational management skills, including change management, project management etc.
- Demonstrate awareness of the national and corporate strategic service developments.
- Demonstrate the development of post registration clinical competence.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.