The postholder is required to work with dental teams in an efficient and effective manner to ensure the delivery of appropriate health care for the patients. The dental care of patients will include children and vulnerable adults providing care in clinics, schools, hospitals, care homes, patient homes, and mobile dental units across ABUHB area. The provision of dental care using inhalation sedation will also be required for those who have received further training in dental sedation
Main duties of the job
To provide oral health promotion, education, and prevention and clinical dental care that has been prescribed by a dentist or via Direct Access arrangements as per GDC standards of competencies for vulnerable adults and children. This will include care in clinics, mobile dental units, care homes, hospitals, and patient's home.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your speciality or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.
Job description Job responsibilities You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- BSc in Dental Therapy and Dental Hygiene or equivalent
- Trained in providing Direct Access to patients as per GDC guidance
- Registration with the General Dental Council
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education and Training
- Certificate in Oral Health Education course
- Able to provide direct access to adults and children
- Competent in being able to provide oral health promotion, education, prevention and dental care for children and adults
- Experience in working independently
- Experience in providing Direct Access as per GDC guidance
- Carrying out dental health programmes
- Experience in providing inhalation sedation
- Working in different sites i.e domiciliary care or mobile dental units
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.