Consultant Psychiatrist - Intensive Case Management for Psychosis (ICMP) West Team - Greenwich
68 The Heights, Charlton, SE7 8JQ
Main duties of the job Consultant Psychiatrist - Intensive Case Management for Psychosis (ICMP) West Team - Greenwich 68 The Heights, Charlton, SE7 8JQ
The ICMP Team provides a flexible service to all adults within the psychosis clusters who currently require secondary community mental health care in the locality. The post holder will be responsible for service users who fulfil the agreed inclusion criteria who live in the London Borough of Greenwich. The post holder will be the Consultant within the team and will work with an Associate Specialist, GPVTS Trainee and Trust Grade Doctor.
The ICMP Team provides a flexible service to all adults within the psychosis clusters who currently require secondary community mental health care in the locality. The post holder will be responsible for service users who fulfil the agreed inclusion criteria who live in the London Borough of Greenwich.The caseload of patients includes all those diagnosed with Bipolar Affective Disorder with psychotic symptoms as well as the various ICD -10 defined Psychotic Disorders.
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South East London and Kent and to people in prison. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,000 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, children's centres, schools and people's homes. We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations across the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent and manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital in Woolwich as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are one of the largest providers of prison health services providing healthcare to prisoners across Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
- We're Kind
- We're Fair
- We Listen
- We Care
Job description Job responsibilities
- Intensive Case Management for Psychosis (ICMP) provides care and treatment for service users who are diagnosed with Schizophrenia or Bi-Polar Affective Disorder.
- The services aims to be flexible, accessible and available outside of standard working hours. The Pathways of care aim to offer individuals choice and involvement regarding their treatment, actively encouraging their participation in the planning and implementation of their care.
- The Trust provides services to a richly diverse population; the locality teams will work with service users and carers in their community to ensure that the care and support provided is sensitive and appropriate to their needs.
- A personalised care plan will be devised in consultation with the Service User and their Carer/Family where appropriate.
- The post holder will be responsible for the care and treatment of patients who are on CPA and within the team. This will involve attending multi-disciplinary team meetings to discuss referrals to the team. The post holder will be expected to attend zoning meetings thrice a week to prioritise contacts with patients, especially those service users who are deteriorating and presenting with increasing risk.
- The post holder will in addition be expected to chair CPA meetings, offer crisis appointments to patients who are in the red zone and offer home visits and telephone advice to general practitioners and other professional who may be involved with the care of service users on the caseload.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Experience in General Adult Psychiatry
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.