Northallerton CAMHS service has a very exciting opportunity for a B7 Child Psychotherapist to join our forward thinking, innovative and compassionate team
If you would like to join a busy community CAMHS team beginning to get creative and energetic as we recover from the impact of COVID (including an influx of new staff members and ideas), then do consider applying to join the Northallerton CAMHS team as a Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist.
The Northallerton CAMHS team is a multidisciplinary health team based at North Moor House in Northallerton and offers specialist health services to Children and young people with Mental health needs who live within the locality, the team also supports service users families, and carers and works closely with statutory agencies and others who provide services to people with Mental health difficulties.
Main duties of the job
To provide a high quality, specialist psychoanalytic psychotherapy service to children with severe, complex and persistent mental health problems, their parents, families or carers, working as a specialist member of the multi-disciplinary team.
- To provide training and supervision for trainee child psychotherapists who achieve a placement in the service
- To provide supervision and consultation to colleagues within CAMHS, and other networks and agencies
- To utilise research skills for audit, policy and service development and research within the area served by the team/service.
- To contribute to training and service improvements while continuing to develop specific skills appropriate for the service area
About us Benefits of working for Tees Esk and Wear Valley NHS Foundation Trust include:
- Excellent opportunities for career progression
- 27 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, with an increase to 33 days with continuous service
- NHS Discount across a wide range of shops, restaurants and retailers
- Competitive pension scheme
- Lease car scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
We are geographically one of the largest NHS Foundation Trusts in the country with an annual income of £423m and a workforce of over 7,500 staff operating from around 160 sites. Tees, Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health and learning disability services for the people of County Durham and Darlington, Teesside, NorthYorkshire, York and Selby, serving a population of around 2 million people. We also provide additional specialist services to other parts of Northern England.
We deliver our services by working in partnership with 8 local authorities and clinical commissioning groups, a wide range of voluntary organisations, as well as service users, their carers and the public. The services are spread over a wide geographical area of around 3,600 square miles, which includes coastal, rural and industrial areas. Our
The most important way we will get there is by living our values all of the time. These are:
- Respect - listening, inclusive, working in partnership
- Compassion - kind, supporting, recognising and celebrating
- Responsibility - honest, learning, ambitious
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see attached Job description for details or contact team to discuss further
We would welcome an informal visit or telephone call for any interested candidates
Person Specification Qualifications & Experiance Essential
- Professional qualification as a Child & adolescent psychotherapist
- Experience of working with mental health and high levels of complexity
- Experience of psychotherapy assessment and therapeutic work
- Delivering clinical supervision
- delivering staff training
- ability to communicate complex and highly sensitive information
- demonstrate effective risk assessment and management skills
- evidence of multiagency working
personal attributes Essential
- Ability to engage with vulnerable people and work effectively in highly distressing and challenging circumstances
- ability to work flexibly, using own initiative
- promote positive image of people with mental health conditions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.