Are you a qualified Speech & Language Therapist or a Speech & Language Therapy student qualifying in 2022 and wanting to use your skills working with children, young people and their families?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated qualified/qualifying Speech & Language Therapist to join our experienced and friendly Preston based team. Experience of working in paediatrics is desirable but we will consider those qualifying in the near future.
Main duties of the job
We work with children and young people aged 0- 19 with well-developed and evidenced based pathways covering the needs of children with communication needs. We offer robust clinical and management supervision, specialist support by experienced senior staff and continuing professional development through specialist speech & language therapy forums. The Children's Therapies Service has a strong network of Clinical Leads and a dedicated Professional Lead for children's speech & language therapy. The Children's Therapies Service is led by a multidisciplinary management team.
The integrated therapy team comprises of Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists, supported by uni-professional assistants. We work closely with colleagues in health, education and social care to provide a genuinely child-centred service. We work in a variety of locations, including clinics, nurseries/schools and special schools.
The successful candidate must be able to effectively manage their own time, and demonstrate excellent communication skills. An interest in working with children and their families is essential.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see the Job Description/Person Specification attached.
This is an exciting time to join our team and we look forward to hearing from you!
Person Specification Education/ Qualifications Essential
- oProfessional Degree or equivalent in Speech & Language Therapy
- Registration with HCPC
- oUnderstanding of clinical governance framework & implications for practice, including audit and research governance
- oKnowledge of a broad range of assessment tools.
- oKnowledge of a range of therapy techniques and programmes
- oMulti-disciplinary/multi-agency collaborative working
- oSafeguarding of children/adults and implementation of policy and procedures with evidence of training/updates
Work Related Circumstances Essential
- Ability to comply with the travel requirements of the post.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.