An exciting opportunity has arisen for a clinically credible, enthusiastic and dynamic registered mental health nurse to be part of HSS Clinical Improvement Team as a full time Band 7, Practice Development Nurse.
Our aim is to continually improve and develop patient safety and patient experience and this role will be integral in cultivating safe and effective services.
Our aim is to continually improve and develop patient care, safety and experience through evidence based practice, the post holder will help achieve this through education, supervision and coaching to support the delivery of the highest quality of care possible for our patients.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a registered mental health professional with forensic experience and a degree in health care, along with a keen interest who is able to work independently and as part of a team across service areas, we would like to hear from you.
West London NHS Trust is one of the most diverse providers of mental health, community and social care in the UK.
Our 3,982 staff care for people in hospital and in the community, helping them to recover and go on to lead full and productive lives. We aim to be the best organisation of our kind in the country.
We provide care and treatment for more than 800,000 people living in the London boroughs of Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham and Hounslow, delivering services in the community (at home, in GP surgeries and care homes), hospital, specialist clinics and forensic (secure) units.
We'rerated good overall by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Together, we're committed to promoting hope and wellbeing, working with patients, service users, carers, families and partners across the communities we serve.
We are keen to ensure that our workforce reflects the community it serves, particularly in terms of ethnicity, gender, disability, LGBTQ+ and experience of mental illness.
The regulations mandating vaccination for in-scope roles in the NHS have now been removed. The Trust does however continue to encourage and support staff to be vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19. Vaccination data will be collected by our recruitment team during your on-boarding if you are happy to provide a copy of your COVID pass.
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for the promotion of continuous professional development of registered Mental Health Nurses, Nurse Associates and Health Care Facilitators in high secure services and must ensure that practice is carried out in a contemporary manner and in line with national standards.
In addition the post holder will play a key role in maintaining and supporting the Trusts and the hospitals links to higher educational establishments as well as developing, supporting and reviewing the current educational needs of both nursing staff and students employed or on placement in the hospital.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) First level Degree
- Demonstrable record of personal development
- Full PMVA Trained (teamwork)
- Masters level or working towards NMC Recognised Teaching Qualification Specialist Clinical Skills.
- Experience in working in complex challenging environments. Experience Working at Band 6 or above General life experience/ skills
- Previous experience as Ward Manger/Team Leader
- Previous experience in working within a clinical governance framework
- Experience in project management Recent experience in teaching/facilitation
- High quality written and oral communication skills
- Good leadership skills
- High quality interpersonal skills
- Good clinical skills
- Knowledge of national policy relating to mental health services.
- Government's modernisation agenda, including Clinical Governance.
- Good understanding of forensic mental health and criminal justice systems
- Agenda for integrating the high secure hospitals with the wider NHS
- Legislative framework for mental health services
- Able to deal with complex inter-related information and activities
- Able to assess priorities and identify patients' needs
- Knowledge of commissioning process
- Knowledge of education consortiums structures and processes
- Working knowledge of competency base systems of appraisal/assessment
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.