Applications are invited from motivated and appropriately qualified candidates for the post of Consultant Psychiatrist in Older People (Community post).You will join a team of 10 Community Consultants, 3 other Inpatient Consultants and a Trust wide Memory AssessmentService. Our service values are underpinned by the principles of recovery and person centered care.
Please contact the Processor Farooq Khan, Clinical Director Dementia & Frailty & Specialties via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this post further.
Main duties of the job
You will have direct clinical responsibility for 1 Community Mental Health Team. Exciting opportunities are available with a Community Transformation plan where close MDT working will be paramount with system and partnership organisations.
You will have office accommodation at the Reservoir Court (North Consultant), Maple Leaf Centre (Solihull Consultant) / Juniper Centre (South Consultant). There are SAS grade doctors, junior trainee medical support and secretarial support. Fixed office based and mobile IT access is available as well as numerous hot desking sites throughout the trust. IT support is available on site and centrally.
Job description Job responsibilities
You willbe required to assess and co-ordinate the care of these patients including any medico-legal issues. It would be helpful if you were familiar withRiO but training can be given.
Person Specification Scoring Essential
- Recognised basic Medical Degree.
- MRCPsych or equivalent.
- Full GMC Registration and a licence to practise.
- Eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register.
- CCT in Older Adult Psychiatry (or within 6 months at time of interview) or equivalent.
- Eligibility for approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & Approved Clinician status.
- Experience of assessing and treating patients with rare dementias in acute & community psychiatric settings.
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions.
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD.
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Flexibility and adaptability to respond to changing service needs.
- High quality assessment skills which incorporate a comprehensive biopsycho-social understanding.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work.
- Ability to appraise own performance.
- Ability to work with diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Skills in working with individuals who are difficult to engage.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a consultant.
- Ability to use IT, including e-mail and the internet.
- Knowledge of risk management.
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching and learning.
- Ability to critically appraise published research.
- Experience of designing and leading audit projects through full audit cycle.
- Ability to manage complex situations and tensions.
- Excellent leadership and team working capability.
- Ability to take a leadership role in a multidisciplinary team, ensuring high quality care and staff morale.
- Ability to travel within the community.
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- Section 12 Approval MHA and Approved Clinician status already held.
- Experience in Brief Psychological Therapies.
- Broad experience in Risk Management.
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery.
- Ability to communicate in a second language.
- Knowledge of recent developments and drug advances in the psychiatry specialty applied for.
- Knowledge of NHS planning.
- Organisation of further teaching programmes in medical education or multi professional education.
- Published research or audits.
- Previous management experience.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.