An exciting opportunity has arisen within in Essex to be part of a new SMI Psychology Service providing psychological therapy services to people with Severe Mental Illness. HPFT are looking for people who want to make a difference to their community, supporting patients with mental health difficulties, and working alongside GPs and other professionals.
The successful candidate will work alongside primary care under the clinical supervision and oversight of the Clinical Lead.
Main duties of the job
The primary responsibility for this post is to oversee the delivery of a psychological therapy service to services users with an SMI in Mid Essex, provide leadership and direction for the psychological therapy team, developing working partnerships with primary care and wider system, in the context of contemporary service strategy and operational objectives.
These new opportunities within primary care will be developing and expanding over the next five years, and will be a core feature of delivering excellent care to people in the local community.
In return we offer structured supervision, access to training and development as part of your own personal development and support plan. This is your chance to be part of a friendly and supportive team environment within an organisation, which is well known for its expertise and outstanding clinical services.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (HPFT) is an outstanding organisation with ambitions to match. We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from the Care Quality Commission, and our aim is to be the leading provider of mental health and specialist learning disability services in the country.
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for over 400,000 people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. We also deliver a range of nationally commissioned specialist services including Tier 4 services for children and young people, perinatal services, plus medium and low secure learning disabilities services.
The care we provide makes a fantastic difference to the lives of our service users, their families and carers - everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout:
Our Trust values are:
Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.
These values are at the core of who we are, everything we do, and how we do it!
Would you like to be part of the HPFT family? Would you like work with us to ensure our service users live the fullest lives possible they can? Would you like to be supported in your career to be the best that you can be?
Then please read on...
Job description Job responsibilities
The SMI psychology Service Team Leader will work in collaboration with the clinical lead to ensure that the highest possible standards of practice and service delivery are maintained. As part of this, the post-holder will have a key role of managing clinical and non-clinical operational systems and processes within the team.
They will use their management experience to lead on service changes and developments and contribute at a local level to the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
They will lead a multi disciplinary team, with involvement of service coordination, staff wellbeing, supervision, client support, complaints, governance and service performance and improvement.
They will have opportunity to maintain a positive and supportive team culture, following trust values and to respond actively to the needs of the team.
The Team Leader will also maintain a clinical leadership role and/ or a caseload for more complex cases, dependent on sector need.
Person Specification QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION/TRAINING Essential
- Masters level qualification in management or management-related discipline or equivalent level of knowledge gained through management experience.
- Core profession/relevant psychological experience
- Leadership course or willing to undertake a relevant programme
- Higher management qualification i.e. MBA LEAN training.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE Essential
- Extensive experience in a general management role in a complex organisation
- NHS experience
- Experience of leading and managing teams Inc. recruitment and selection, staff appraisal, personal development and performance management
- Budget management
- Experience of managing multiple & complex tasks within tight deadlines
- Experience of developing and improving health services
- Experience of developing planning and implementing new ways of working, using appropriate methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise own workload with minimum levels of direct supervision
- Ability to use judgement and analytical methods
- Ability to develop excellent working relationships with clinical and non-clinical colleagues at all levels
- Ability to positively negotiate on a range of issues with all staff groups and at all levels.
- Able to work flexibly according to the needs of the service and adapt to changing environments
- A commitment to improving patient services through an ability to sustain a clear performance focus on achieving demanding goals
- Ability to apply frequent concentration
- Able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Successful team leadership/motivation skills and ability to develop others
- Experience of managing staff and performance
- Ability to produce clear, detailed and succinct written reports
- Ability to use a range of IT skills i.e. keyboard skills, manipulate data, data analysis
ANALYTICAL SKILLS Essential
- Ability to analyse information quickly and effectively, thereby ensuring correct pathway is chosen.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write report, business corresspondance and procedure manuals
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Understanding of demand and capacity metrics and resource planning methods
- Excellent accurate keyboard skills
- Excellent IT knowledge
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.