The NHS England Long Term Plan acknowledges the requirement to provide quality and timely mental health care for everyone who needs it, and to tackle inequalities in access, experience and outcomes. For most people with mental health needs, the diagnosed problem isn't all they need or want help with. People have said they need mental health services that go beyond symptoms and illnesses; joined-up services that see a person rather than a diagnosis and that work together to promote their all-round wellbeing.
The Cheshire and Wirral Community Wellbeing Alliance are working together to transform community mental health services, providing holistic, person-centred care for people with mental health needs and to support people to live a full and meaningful life. We facilitate access to a combination of support, to provide the best chance to improve wellbeing and quality of life in the longer term. The vision is for individuals to be at the heart of all that we do, shaping care and opportunities around the needs in the community. We will strive to prevent mental health crises and ensure that anyone in need has access to the right care at the right time in their own community.
We are looking for people who can join this exciting transformation. Especially those who can help us realise the vision to provide person-centred care and support in the right place at the right time for the Cheshire and Wirral communities that we serve.
Main duties of the job
This full-time (37hrs per week) role is to provide clinical leadership within the team through role modelling clinical care to junior colleagues and to support the management of the team. There are two other clinical leads already in post and the successful candidate would be working closely with them, and the team manager, to deliver the services goals, promote staff development and instigate positive changes in our work practices. More information on the main duties can be found in the person specification in the Job Description.
Please explain in your application how your skills and experience match the essential criteria of the post and what you feel you can bring to the role as a professional and person. We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services or lived experience of living with or caring for someone with mental health concerns.
We look forward to reading your application and wish you good luck.
CWP provides health and care services for local people, including mental health, learning disability, community physical health and all-age disability care - including the provision of three GP surgeries.
Our aim is to help people to be the best they can be, adopting a compassionate, person-centred approach to everything we do. We were recently rated as Outstanding for Caring by the Care Quality Commission with a Good rating overall.
We have been recognised by the Health Service Journal as one of the top places to work in the health service for the last two years running. CWP also scored the highest in the north west (among mental health, learning disability and community Trusts) for staff recommending CWP as a place to work in the NHS Staff Survey 2020.
We have services across Wirral and Cheshire, as well as Trafford, Warrington, Bolton, Halton and Liverpool - and provide specialist services for the North West as a whole.
Apply now to join our skilled and friendly teams and help us to deliver our vision to improve health and wellbeing by providing high quality care. We offer a variety of roles at all levels.
CWP are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
We welcome applications from people who have direct experience of accessing our services.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please download a copy of the job description for full details.
Recruitment selection processes are based on competence (see Person specification) and values.
CWP recruits people that can demonstrate the Trusts Values and Behaviours in their everyday life. Therefore, if you are invited to interview, you will be undertaking aValues Based Interview/Assessment,
which explores not only what you do but how and why you do it.
Before applying, we encourage you to review the Trusts Values and Behaviours which are the 6 Cs Communication, Competence, Courage, Care, Compassion and Commitment. A Guide to completing your application form can be accessed on the right side of this page under the job description.
The Supporting Information Section in your application should therefore reflect your understanding of the Trusts Values and associated Behaviours. You will be expected to provide us with examples from work experience and/or personal life which demonstrate these values through your behaviour.
If your disability meets the definition set out in the Equality Act 2010, and you can show that you meet the essential criteria described in the person specification for an available position, please answer YES to the question: Do you wish to be considered under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme? Please also inform the team if you have any special support needs to be considered as part of the interview and selection processes.
We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for our Armed Forces community. Please answer YES to the question in the application form.
All new clinical support staff will be required to have completed or working towards the Care Certificate (CWP In-house 2 day training to be completed within 6 months of start date).
Please note applicants will be required to pay for their DBS check. Costs are deducted from salary following appointment.You are encouraged to enrol for the DBS Update Service. A small annual fee of £13 per year applies.
New entrants to the NHS will commence on the minimum of the scale stated above.
CWP encourages and supports all staff to become vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicants are advised to apply early as if a large number of applications are received for this post we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the advertised date.
If you experience any technical difficulties or need help when making an application please contact our Recruitment Team on 01244 393100.
Good luck with your application. We hope to welcome you to Team CWP very soon.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- A relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional (e.g. Occupational Therapy) degree level qualification or equivalent experience
- Current registration with a nationally recognised professional body relevant to the professional qualification held e.g. GSCC for Social workers, HPC for Occupational Therapists etc
- Masters level qualification or equivalent short courses and/or experience
- Teaching qualification or significant experience
Knowledge & Expertise Essential
- Excellent communication skills: - working with staff - working with patients and carers - working with general practice - presentations - written reports - understanding and ability to interpret, research and facilitate staff to implement evidence-based practice
- Proven ability to challenge current practices and freedom to make change in light of evidence-based recommendations
- Knowledge, understanding and the ability to interpret and implement local and national policy direction relevant to practice
- Proven experience of clinical audit, skill and knowledge required to facilitate staff to undertake clinical audit
- Knowledge and experience of moving staff through the change management process
- Empowering staff to manage and support change
- Demonstrable effective clinical leadership with knowledge, understanding and application of leadership theories
- Relevant clinical expertise to support and facilitate clinical development and innovation
- Evidence of sound information technology skills
- Experience of working within the criminal justice setting
- Experience in the development of professional roles
- Successfully managed projects that demonstrate ability to communicate and implement change
- Demonstrable and proven understanding and experience of the clinical and corporate governance agenda
- Knowledge and experience of facilitation of reflective practice for staff and personal reflective practice
- Demonstrable ability and experience in motivating and empowering others to change roles and in leading practice development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.