- Scadbury Ward is a 22 bedded inpatient mental health ward.
- Usually for people aged 65 or over, with different diagnoses, which may include dementia.
- We have a multidisciplinary team formed by nurses, doctors, occupational therapists, psychologist, physiotherapist, pharmacist, ward manager, administrator.
- We work closely with community services and 'care co-ordinators' to plan care after discharge
Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the operational management of clinical area.
- Lead and effectively manage the ward nursing team.
- Ensure high standards of evidence-based, patient centred care are maintained.
- To establish and maintain systems for clinical governance.
- To effectively and efficiently manage ward budget and resources.
- To promote good communication within the team and with external agencies.
About us Oxleas - About Us
Oxleas offers a wide range of NHS healthcare services to people living in South East London and Kent and to people in prison. Our services include community health care such as district nursing and speech and language therapy, care for people with learning disabilities and mental health care such as psychiatry, nursing and therapies. Our multidisciplinary teams look after people of all ages and we work in close partnership with other parts of the NHS, local councils and the voluntary sector and through our new provider collaboratives. Our 4,000 members of staff work in many different settings including hospitals, clinics, prisons, children's centres, schools and people's homes. We have over 125 sites in a variety of locations across the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley Greenwich and into Kent and manage hospital sites including Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup and Memorial Hospital in Woolwich as well as the Bracton Centre, our medium secure unit for people with mental health needs. We are one of the largest providers of prison health services providing healthcare to prisoners across Kent and South London. We are proud of the care we provide and our people
Our purpose is to improve lives by providing the best possible care to our patients and their families. This is strengthened by our new values:
Job description Job responsibilities
- To provide management and leadership of all staff and resources within the units incorporating implementation of change and deliverance of standards of care.
- Budget management, authorised signatory.
To maintain clinical role. It is expected the role will divide 25% clinical and 75% management, but this should be flexible to respond to unit needs
Person Specification essential Essential
- qualification and registration
- Understanding of key issues/challenges in the field of mental health and Older People
- Substantial experience in a managerial/supervisory capacity. MDT working
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.