**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE(ts&cs apply)** *A generous relocation package* *£10K Retention Pay Premia* PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE: 22nd November 2022
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved anOUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home.
Main duties of the job
The Trust is seeking a dynamic and innovative consultant psychiatrist to join Community Eating Disorders Service at Rosanne House, Welwyn Garden City.
The post-holder will provide assessment of new patients who are initially triaged for the clinical urgency and relevance to CEDS, while conducting an ongoing review of co-morbid psychiatric conditions, physical monitoring and review of psychotropic medications.
The successful candidate will liaise with appropriate professionals e.g. GP, A&E regarding patient's blood investigations and referring to appropriate services for further management of complications, if any, along with closely working with the other mental health teams from the Trust for those service users who require joint care.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
About us Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptop provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Flexible APAs
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
In addition to the generous pension and annual leave that comes with NHS employment, the trust offers additional benefits to our staff including a salary sacrifice scheme enabling staff to drive a brand new car or purchase a new bike as well as an HMRC scheme enabling savings on registered childcare costs.
Job description Job responsibilities
Duties include, but not exclusive to:
- To manage, appraise and give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed by consultant colleagues and the medical director and in accordance with the Trusts personnel policies and procedures. This may include assessing competences under the Modernising Medical Careers framework.
- To ensure that junior medical staff working with the post holder operate within the parameters of the New Deal and are Working Time Directive compliant.
- To undertake the administrative duties associated with the care of patients.
- To record clinical activity accurately and comprehensively, and submit this promptly to the Information Department.
- To participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- To participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- Relevant higher degree, e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within 3 months
- Possession or within 3 months of CCT or equivalent in general adult psychiatry.
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Section 12/Approved clinician approval
- Holds and will use UK driving license or provides evidence of proposed alternative
Clinical Skills, Knowledge & Experience Essential
- Excellent knowledge in specialty
- Experience of working with people requiring care through Eating Disorders services, including people with personality disorders and other complex needs.
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
- Experience of working in the Liaison Psychiatry.
- Expertise in at least one principal form of psychotherapy alongside a working familiarity with others.
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Excellent degree of medical knowledge in relation to Eating Disorders
Academic Skills & Lifelong Learning Essential
- Able to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Participated in research or service evaluation.
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has actively participated in clinical audit.
- Able to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- Reflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change.
- Experience of organising and overseeing psychotherapy training program for psychiatry trainees.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.