This is an exciting, newly created post within the Crawley Assessment and Treatment service. We are looking for a Specialist Grade (Psychiatry) to join the medical team. The post holder will be expected to provide senior medical input to the team.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will assess patients, risk assess and formulate treatment plans. You will be available to the MDT for consultation and with the consultants will be the senior medical resource for the team.
You will also be expected to assist consultants in supervision and teaching of more junior medical colleagues.
Our medics enjoy excellent access to weekly CPD sessions and are well supported through our supervisory structure, which incorporates regular job planning, review and evaluation to ensure we get the workload balance right.
Medics can join our Clinical Academic Groups and we have close links with the Trust Research Unit, co-developing evidence based interventions, such as the hearing voices clinic. We encourage our medics to get involved in on-going service improvement initiatives, such as our recent HDAT audit and work with our Pharmacists on Trust-wide service improvements
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
Job description Job responsibilities
The post holder will provide senior medical services to the population of Crawley and the surrounding area.
You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary team to provide excellent patient care. You will be part of a network of SAS doctors and will benefit from peer support in your role.
There is only so much we can say to you in an advert, so would love to speak to you about this role in more detail. Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details.
Person Specification Essential and desirable Essential
- Fully registered with GMC
- 12 years medical work since obtaining primary medical qualification
- Minimum 6 years in relevant specialty
- Manages the difficulty of dealing with complexity and uncertainty in the care of patients.
- Aware of their leadership responsibilities as a clinician and demonstrates appropriate leadership behaviour
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management
- AC status
- Plans and provides effective teaching and training activities as required by the role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.