Applications are invited from motivated and appropriately qualified candidates for the post of Consultant Psychiatrist in Older People (Community post).You will join a team of 10 Community Consultants, 3 other Inpatient Consultants and a Trust wide Memory AssessmentService. Our service values are underpinned by the principles of recovery and person centered care.
Main duties of the job
You will have direct clinical responsibility for 1 Community Mental Health Team. Exciting opportunities are available with a Community Transformation plan where close MDT working will be paramount with system and partnership organisations. You willbe required to assess and co-ordinate the care of these patients including any medico-legal issues. It would be helpful if you were familiar withRiO but training can be given.
You will have office accommodation at the Juniper Centre (South Consultant). There are SAS grade doctors, junior trainee medical support and secretarial support. Fixed office based and mobile IT access is available as well as numerous hot desking sites throughout the trust. IT support is available on site and centrally.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please contact the Prof Farooq Khan, Clinical Director Dementia & Frailty & Specialtiesvia email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this post further.
Person Specification Scoring Essential
- Recognised basic Medical Degree
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Full GMC Registration and a licence to practise.
- Eligibility for inclusion on the Specialist Register
- CCT in Older Adult Psychiatry (or within 6 months at time of interview) or equivalent
- Eligibility for approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & Approved Clinician status
- Eligible for inclusion on the Specialist Register or within 6 months of gaining CCT
- Experience of teaching and training at an undergraduate/postgraduate level
- Experience of assessing and treating patients with rare dementias in acute & community psychiatric settings
- Experience of providing psychological and/or social interventions.
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- High quality assessment skills which incorporate a comprehensive biopsycho-social understanding
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work.
- Commitment to clinical audit & quality improvement within multi-disciplinary team.
- Evidence of effective medical leadership or potential for this.
- Excellent leadership and team working capability.
- Ability to work creatively within multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to be involved in service management and development
- Able to travel within the community
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
- Section 12 Approval MHA and Approved Clinician status already held
- Broad clinical training including both inpatient and community service
- Organisation of further teaching programmes in medical education or multi professional education
- Ability to manage clinical complexity and uncertainty
- Experience in Brief Psychological Therapies
- Broad experience in Risk Management
- Experience of contributing to or completion of a service improvement project.
- Experience of stakeholder engagement in service delivery
- Ability to communicate in a second language.
- Experience in research, publications, grants and clinical trials
- Experience of leading or contributing to service development
- Able to participate in Consultant on-call rota.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.