We will consider a variety of flexible working arrangements to enable staff to balance their work and home lives and support staff by offering a fantastic range of benefits including : A 'Welcome' Payment: Up to a maximum of £1000 - 50% to be paid on appointment and 50% after 6 months in post.
Relocation Expenses up to £8000 subject to circumstances and eligibility.
Interview Expenses subject to eligibility.
Additional cost of living payments for bands 1 - 7
Advanced Fuel expenses payment
Increase mileage rates for > 3500
A wide range of health and wellbeing support packages
A range of internal and external development and learning opportunities
Plus many more.
We are also proud to pledge our support to the Armed Forces and hold a Bronze Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
BDCFT is dedicated to environmental and social sustainability by delivering on the commitments within our Green Plan. All staff are actively encouraged and supported to participate in training and to identify and implement sustainable quality improvement.
Main duties of the job
Moorlands View is an in-patient unit for men with mental health problems who require management under conditions of low security.
There are three wards in the unit, Thornton Ward which provides initial assessment, Baildon Ward which is a slower stream rehabilitation ward, and Ilkley Ward where service users are proceeding towards discharge.
All wards are supported by a full multi-disciplinary team (MDT) including dedicated Psychology and Occupational therapy staff, Consultant Psychiatrist and local GP. As a Staff Nurse on our ward you will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care to patients and will hold delegated responsibility for management of the ward on a shift basis including supervision of support staff.
We also offer award-winning leadership and personal development programmes to support you. To find out more about our Trust please visit our website. Staff are required to work across all ward areas of the service to support the patient pathway. The Trust has a Staff Bank where staff can work additional hours across all Trust services. Closing Date: 9th October 2022 Shortlisting Date: 10th October 2022 Interview Date: 17th October 2022
Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care to patients for whom he/she is identified as named nurse. Holds delegated responsibility for management of the ward on a shift basis. Contributes to the supervision and development of junior staff. Helps to ensure the safety of the ward and unit environments.
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values: - We Care
- We act with respect and empathy, and always value difference We Listen
- We understand people's views and respond to their individual needs We Deliver
- We develop and provide excellent services and support our partners
Job description Job responsibilities Main duties:
- Practices at all times within the professional parameters prescribed by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Assesses holistic care needs using evidence-based assessment tools.
- Prepares a relevant, evidence-based plan of care detailing interventions to risk assess manage and treat mental health needs.
- Provides skilled nursing interventions, which are based on the agreed plan of care.
- Evaluates and updates the plan of care to ensure patient needs are met.
- Administers prescribed medical treatments within the framework provided by professional, legal and local policy guidance.
- Observes and reports on the effects of prescribed medical treatments.
- Contributes to multi- disciplinary/ agency meetings and care plans.
- Facilitates empowerment and choice for service users as far as legal and Risk Management constraints allow.
- Supports and facilitates patient advocacy.
- Contributes to programmes of research and practice development.
2. Working as part of a Team
- Promotes effective team working
- Promotes multi- agency collaboration.
3. Managing Self
Staff Supervision and Support
- Participate in regular supervision.
- Attend all mandatory training.
- Participate annually identifying, developing and agreeing your own development plan with your line manager using the Trust Appraisal process.
- Comply with all Trust policies, procedures and protocols.
- Pay regard to materials and equipment.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Trusts Equal Opportunity Policy.
- Seek advice and support from your line manager whenever necessary.
- Provide support to your direct reports and team members around their personal health and wellbeing.
- Supervises junior staff.
- Assists in the identification of staff development needs. Supports staff to attain development objectives as identified through the Trust Development scheme.
- Contributes to teaching and staff development as highlighted in identification process.
- Assists in the efficient management of resources including deployment of staff on a shift basis
All staff members have a duty to report any concerns they have about the safety or well being of adult service users, members of their families, including children. Employees should be aware of their roles & responsibilities to both prevent and respond appropriately to abuse. They should undertake the safeguarding training required for their particular role. The Governments' proposal to mandate Covid 19 vaccines for all health care workers is currently under review. Until there is a formal directive in place regarding mandatory vaccines as a condition of your employment, Bradford District Care Trust does not require you to be fully vaccinated as part of your employment conditions. Please be reminded that this decision may be changed dependent on the directive from the Government once the consultation has concluded.The Covid vaccination remains the best line of defence against Covid to protect individuals, colleagues, patients, and communities and the Trust encourages staff to take up the offer of being fully vaccinated. Please note all staff members who are working in healthcare premises, working with patients/service users and/or undertaking patient/service user visits will be required to take a twice weekly LAMP test, and to produce evidence of their negative test result on request.If you have any concerns about whether this affects your eligibility to undertake a role with the Trust, you may wish to contact the recruiting manager to discuss this further. Please note that if you are successful, the pre-employment health check will require details of vaccination status where appropriate, and will be retained as part of your employment health record.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered Mental Nursing Certificate (RMN) or Registered Nurse Learning Disabilities (RNLD)
- Current Registration on part 3 or part 13 of NMC register
- Experience of working in a mental health setting either substantively or through placement.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.