An exciting opportunity has arisen for applications to the role of Team Manager for the Older Adult Home Intensive Treatment (HITS), Care Home Liaison and Single Point of Entry service in HMR. The team consists of four RMHN's providing a 7 day HITS service 9-5, 2 RMHN's commissioned by HMR Local Authority to provide support into care homes within the borough and a Single Point of Entry (SPOE) service responsible for initial assessment and triage of all external referrals into older adult services in the borough.
Applications are welcome from suitably experienced B6 and B7 Health Care Professionals.
For an informal discussion regarding the role please contact Sean O'Brien, Older People's Service Manager HMR and Bury at firstname.lastname@example.org
Main duties of the job
- To oversee the management of the HITS and Care Home Liaison caseload and SPOE service, leading the nursing team and co-ordinating the clinical and therapeutic care within community, on a day to day basis:
- To take full responsibility for managing the quality of care provided to clients in the community and to ensure that appropriate supervised care is provided at all times.
- To chair weekly clinical meetings.
- To set and monitor standards of care with the team to review care and treatment of patients and to ensure appropriate standards are maintained
- To participate in the development of care pathways to ensure the best possible service to clients
- To ensure evidence based tools and interventions are used as appropriate.
- To carry a small caseload or patients and support colleagues with complex clients management and joint work where required.
- To provide clinical leadership and robust decision making to ensure that appropriate care pathways are identified for service users
- To work with the wider older peoples service to operationalize a robust gate keeping protocol.
- To liaise with the ward and community services managers to ensure MDT working is effective and prevent admissions to the ward and timely discharge from the ward.
The Older Adults Home Intensive Treatment Service (HITS) is a small but friendly team offering an alternative to hospital admission to older adults in the borough who may be experiencing an acute mental health episode. The service offers assessment and treatment to service users in their own homes as an alternative to admission. The team also work with inpatients on our older adult Beech ward as they are approaching discharge in order to ensure timely discharge rom hospital. The team share a base with the other HMR Community teams- our CMHT and Memory Assessment Service and this enhances the support each team and Team Manager are able to provide for each other.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see document attached......................................................................................................
Person Specification Experience Essential
- At least 2 years experience at Band 6 or equivalent
- Experience of Team Management
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.