Clinical Team Lead in NDT is a newly created post and will form part of the CAMHS senior leadership team in Tower Hamlets and will be responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and services for children and young people with mental health problems and their families. We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced CAMHS clinician who will be responsible for the delivery of the highest standards of care and services for children and young people with mental health problems and their families. This will involve the ongoing redevelopment of the pathway in light of continual service developments in the wider service to meet the needs of the population we serve.
Workingin partnership with the Associate Clinical Director, Psychological Therapies Lead, General Manager and Joint NDT Clinical Team Lead, you will provide inspirational leadership of multidisciplinary clinicians to ensure effective, evidence-based assessment and treatment for Neurodevelopmental disorders (as well as other mental health conditions where this is impacting on their engagement), accessible care pathways and a culture of continuous quality improvement. We are seeking an imaginative and strategic thinker, creative and determined in the approach and with exceptional ability to lead and influence others.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be a senior clinician from a core CAMHS discipline and will be accountable for the clinical leadership of the Neurodevelopmental team.
The post holder will be accountable to the Associate Clinical Director for delivering a multidisciplinary CAMHS service, bringing together all component parts to ensure robust patient safety, improved patient experience, clinical outcomes, quality and performance standards. They will deliver on performance targets and quality outcomes in order to transform the service, improving access to and choice of evidence based therapies and building capability to deliver positive and measureable outcomes for children and young people and their families.
Responsibilities will include working in partnership with the Associate Clinical Director, General Manager, Psychological Therapies Lead, the other NDT Clinical Team Lead and Neurodevelopmental team leads elsewhere in the Trust in service planning and development, supporting the development of bids and business cases, advising on issues of staff performance, and providing clinical and professional advice and leadership to facilitate service improvements.
Tower Hamlets CAMHS is a large, vibrant and diverse specialist child and adolescent mental health service with a reputation for innovation and flexibility in meeting the complex mental health support needs of Tower Hamlets's children, young people and families. It is centrally located and has two sites, one of which is in Greatrex Street, Tower Hamlets, and provides an extensive and growing range of services including multi-disciplinary specialist teams such as the Emotional & Behavioural Teams, Bipolar and Psychosis Team, Crisis Team, Neurodevelopmental Team, Children in Social Care team. There is a broad spectrum of disciplines and a long tradition of effective multidisciplinary and interagency working.
Job description Job responsibilities
Please refer to the JD&PS for full details.
For more information please contact: Dr Hanspeter Dorner, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Associate Clinical Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)or Dr Chiara Colonnelli, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist and Clinical Team Lead for NDT (email@example.com).
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree level study or equivalent / Further post degree qualification
- Current Registration with appropriate professional body e.g. ACP/ HPC / UKCP / NMC (SEE PERSON SPEC)
- Relevant specialist training or qualifications
- Leadership / management training
- Experience of providing senior clinical leadership in a CAMHS setting
- Experience of supervising and line managing in a multidisciplinary / multiagency context
- Experience of contributing to service developments
- Experience of representing the service a multiagency strategic planning level groups
- Significant experience of risk assessment and risk management
- Experience of effective working with multidisciplinary teams and other agencies
- Experience of managing healthcare assurance systems
- Experience of provision of evidence based treatments
- Advanced knowledge within own clinical discipline and sufficient knowledge of other disciplines / modalities to provide overall psychological therapies leadership
- Broad theoretical knowledge base in the analysis of highly complex facts or situations to arrive at appropriate formulations
- Knowledge of current developments within CAMHS, in particular CYP IAPT
- Skills in project management
- A high level of clinical skill
- Ability to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information in a highly emotive and sometimes hostile atmosphere, in a range of relationships and settings
- IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to record and report on clinical information
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing and presentations
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.