We are looking to recruit a new Service Manager to the South West Home Treatment team based at Farnham Road Hospital. The post holder will be responsible for the Home Treatment Team and overseeing our Health Based Places of Safety (136 suites) and our Guildford Safe Haven.
Main duties of the job
This job makes lives better by leading and managing our Home Treatment team in order to achieve excellent outcomes for the people who use our service and their carers. the post holder will achieve this through excellent partnership working, clear strategic direction and by following our Trusts clinical strategy and the feedback of the people who use the service.
Key responsibilities include:
- To ensure the service operates in a safe, effective & efficient way as part of the whole system of mental health services.
- In addition, to foster a culture that encourages and enables individuals to have an active role in identifying, planning and meeting their individual needs.
- To support strategic leadership for the division in relation to service improvement and quality evaluation.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby.
Job description Job responsibilities
My job makes lives better by leading and managing our team in order to achieve excellent outcomes for the people who use our service and their carers. I achieve this through excellent partnership working, clear strategic direction and by following our Trusts clinical strategy and the feedback of the people who use the service.
To ensure the service operates in a safe, effective & efficient way as part of the whole system of mental health services. In addition, to foster a culture that encourages and enables individuals to have an active role in identifying, planning and meeting their individual needs. To support strategic leadership for the division in relation to service improvement and quality evaluation.
- To promote positivity, can-do attitude and to enhance the experience of the team members and the people we serve.
- Have overall continuous management of the service, responsible for the co-ordination of roles, responsibilities and resources within the service
- Establish and embed a senior leadership team function for the service.
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies that promote an environment of involvement and recovery.
- Ensure that the agenda of social inclusion is reflected in interventions offered and implemented.
- Responsible for the development of a high quality service
- Lead & motivate staff to provide a pro-active and responsive high quality service, contributing to ongoing audit and evaluation.
- Ensure that the necessary systems & protocols for the delivery of a safe & supportive service are in place, understood & adhered to throughout the Service.
- Ensure that effective communications systems are established, maintained and monitored regularly within the Service & between the Teams & other services/agencies/partners.
- Work with the Associate Director to agree clear & deliverable objectives & to ensure they are implemented & monitored.
- Provide line management, including management of performance, for staff within the Service
- Responsible for team performance including the setting and monitoring of the delivery of targets and reporting thereon as appropriate, meeting internal and external information requirements and data quality.
- Ensure arrangements are in place for all service members to receive regular supervision, appraisal and have their personal development plans and training needs identified and where possible met.
- Ensure that all staff fulfil the requirements of statutory & mandatory training
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, financial, health & safety & employment requirements
- Responsible for the management of the portfolio of services budgets and the meeting of all financial targets by each service, including the achievement of agreed cost improvement plans, where required.
- Access and use information contained within the Trusts patient based information systems.
- To partake in the Trust senior on call manager rota of 1:10
- Lead and be responsible for ensuring that they and all team members fulfil our duties regarding Safeguarding Adults
- Provide cover in the absence of the Associate Director
Key Practice Issues and Responsibilities
- Facilitate pro-active links and relationships between the Team & the wider community giving advice & guidance to fellow professionals, carers, voluntary organisations & the public.
- Foster collaborative working relationships with the whole system.
- Ensure appropriate and timely transfer of care between services.
- Ensure that all practitioners maintain accurate databases.
- Facilitate regular review of caseloads, providing guidance and support to ensure all care is of a high quality and is evidence based.
- Undertake performance reviews for all team members on an annual basis ensuring feedback on performance is given at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with your team on a timely basis ensuring robust systems exist so that staff feels informed.
- Responsibility for risk management and health and safety in the workplace.
- Support senior management in designing and operating systems which ensure maximum staff performance in their work ensuring a high quality service with enhanced morale, in keeping with the principles of the Trusts Vision and Values.
- Establish systems and process for effective communication within the area of responsibility across agencies and in collaboration with lead practitioners.
- Represent the Service at appropriate meetings and promote the service philosophy.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Qualifications required:
- -A clinical qualification to degree level or equivalent.
- -Membership of a professional body (NMC, HCPC).
- Experience required
- -Have a minimum of 3 years relevant management/leadership experience in MH
- -Have a minimum of 5 years experience working with people with MH needs
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.