An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Physiotherapist to join the Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
This post would be suited to a physiotherapist with a special interest in mental health, or those looking for an exciting new opportunity to use their transferable skills from a different speciality.
You will be ward based with a specialist mental health MDT and with the occasional community follow up. You will be part of a larger physiotherapy team that specialise in mental health. Opportunities for training and development are an integral ethos for this team for their members and we are strong advocates for person centred care.
Main duties of the job
- You will be required to effectively prioritise your workload and will be able to respond to competing demands on your time.
- You will have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with patients, carers and all levels of staff, dealing with calls promptly and sensitively and ensuring that urgent care is provided on as appropriate.
- You will assess patients who present with complex and severe mental health symptoms to develop an effective treatment programme for them
-You will provide specialist advice to other professionals, patients and carers as appropriate
- You will take an active role in the multi-disciplinary team, attending the MDT meeting and offering physiotherapy input
- you will be ward base mainly at Chesterfield with some new buildings planned for Walton hospital so likely some working her also
- You will regularly link in with the wider Physiotherapy team within the Trust for clinical supervision and further professional development
- You will use the Electronic Patient Record to document your involvement with patients
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBTI+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account
The successful applicant will work within a supportive MDT and have close links with the Community Mental Health Teams, GPs and social care.
Professional development and further learning is encouraged and you will receive robust clinical and managerial supervision, along with wider support and training in-house within the team.
Person Specification Qualification Essential
- Chartered Physiotherapist CSP
SKills/ knowledge Essential
- 18 months post qualification experience or equivalent
- Experience in mental health or learning disability
- 24 months working
- Experience in older adult care
Experiencing supervising Essential
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.