Derbyshire Healthcare is unable to sponsor international applicants in this role. You can find out more about how you can work in the UK by visiting Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
The North Dales Older Adult Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) have a Lead Nurse vacancy.
The CMHT are a busy and dynamic team, supporting individuals with both organic and functional illness.
The ideal candidates will have an interest and or experience of working with older adults.
Main duties of the job
The role of Lead Nurse includes supporting and managing a complex caseload, initial assessments, assessing risk, developing collaborative care plans, undertaking the role for duty worker, administering depot injects, attending CST meetings and working closely with our partners in health and social care.
As a Lead Nurse there is a requirement support and develop Student Nurses and to supervise junior members of the team.
The successful candidates will receive regular clinical and managerial supervision, with access to professional development.
In the Older Peoples Division development of knowledge and skills is actively encouraged, with training opportunities supported wherever possible.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Job description Job responsibilities Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Skills Essential
- oUnderstanding team dynamics and promoting a positive working culture to support team cohesion.
- oAbility to build effective working relationships internally and externally to the organisation
- oAbility to work autonomously and set own priorities
- oComputer literate
Knowledge/ Experience Essential
- oExperience of working with people who have severe and enduring needs
- oExperience of supervising staff and students
- oDetailed knowledge of legislation relevant to Mental Health and Specialist practice where appropriate
- oWorking knowledge of the principles of CPA (Care Programme Approach) where appropriate
- oExtensive knowledge of the principles of Safety planning
- Be responsive, listen and positive
- Engage and Encourage
Attainment/ Qualifications Essential
- oRegistered RMN
- oDegree/ Diploma in Nursing
- oMentorship or equivalent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.