**ADDITIONAL BENEFIT PACKAGE(ts&cs apply)** *A generous relocation package* *£10K Retention Pay Premia* *Previous Applicants need not apply* PROPOSED INTERVIEW DATE: 8th November 2022
This is a hugely exciting time for the Trust having recently achieved anOUTSTANDING CQC RATING
and being one of just five mental health and learning disabilities NHS trusts in England to hold an outstanding rating.
We are driven by our values. If you believe in Respect, Kindness and a Positive outlook then you'll be right at home.
Main duties of the job
As a Consultant Psychiatrist in Community Child & Adolescent Eating Disorders, you will be expected to provide diagnosis, management and consultation for complex mental health presentations to the multidisciplinary team. There is an expectation to provide clinical leadership and be available for safeguarding discussions/decisions. The clinical work in the job plan, involves face-to-face meetings with the families/young people referred to the consultant post holder. The post holder will also be expected to take part in yearly appraisal of all medical duties.
You must ensure the relevant professional registration is maintained, including Section 12, Approved Clinician, and Responsible Clinician status.
**Please note due to COVID related delays the Job Description is pending approval by the Royal College of Psychiatry. Once approved the final Job Description will be shared with shortlisted candidates**
About us Here's what we have to offer you
- Mentoring support for new Consultants
- Access to Leadership, Teaching, Education and Research opportunities
- Access to a Simulation Training Facility
- Access to a large peer group of enthusiastic and high-calibre Consultants
- Study leave of 30 days over 3 years
- Study leave budget of £800 per person per annum
- A strong ethos on Learning and Development
- Innovative patient electronic record system (PARIS)/ Admin and IT equipment/ software to improve work experience (4G enabled laptops provided upon starting)
- Flexible working
- Excellent staff benefits
- Health and wellbeing support
- Generous relocation package up to £7.5K (subject to terms & conditions)
Our Health Hub helps improve staff health and wellbeing across the Trust - encouraging staff to step away from their work and think about their own health. This includes:
- Workshops, challenges and social events throughout the year
- Confidential and safe forums where staff can talk about the emotional impact of work
- An equality and diversity staff network providing support to all staff
- Mindfulness bite size taster session
- Mini health check
- Free, confidential counselling services 24/7
Job description Job responsibilities
Duties include but not exclusive to:
- Provision of the psychiatric component of the CAMHS tier 3 service to the under 18 population in the Eating Disorder CAMHS Team.
- Alongside the multi-disciplinary staff, the post holder will have responsibility for assessing a young persons mental state, formulating a diagnosis and monitoring the risks a young person poses.
- To undertake referral meetings, case reviews as required.
- Working with the MDT in developing effective and novel treatment approaches.
- To support the development of internal clinical pathways.
- Providing consultation, advice and appropriate support to professionals in the wider network of the young person and/or family.
Person Specification Professional Qualifications Essential
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Certificate of completion of relevant Specialist Training
Experience, Skills & Knowledge Essential
- Section 12 Approval / Approved Clinician Status (Candidates from abroad can apply for this within 3 months of taking up post)
- Broad range of experience in psychiatric practice and in the use of psychological therapies.
- Experience and competencies in assessing, and treating children and adolescents with complex mental health needs and their families. It is expected a high level skills in liaison with and consultancy to multiagency settings.
- Willingness and ability to work with others to achieve shared goals.
- Previous experience of working in a child and adolescent service.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge of Safeguarding in child and adolescent mental health
- Formal training in management and administration
- Participated in research and published papers and original work in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience in Organising Educational activities.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.