Are you a committed and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist looking to work in a supportive environment delivering excellent care to a rural population in North Dorset?
Due to service developments, we are able to offer an exciting and varied opportunity for a passionate Band 5 Occupational Therapist to join our rotation within the Sherborne Integrated Community Rehabilitation Team, based at The Yeatman Hospital.
This post would be a great opportunity for an enthusiastic, compassionate Occupational Therapist to support patients during their rehabilitation and to help them to live the life they desire
Main duties of the job
The role involves a rotation between the inpatient unit and working as part of the community team.
The Sherborne ICRT provides rehabilitation to patients in the local community, promoting early discharge from hospital, preventing avoidable hospital admissions and maximising independent living . We work with a large variety of patients and conditions including orthopaedics, palliative care, neurological conditions and undertake assessment of patients who have complex acute and rehab needs alongside management of long term conditions providing the successful candidate with the opportunity to build your experience and expertise in a wide range of areas.
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people. We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities. Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.
Job description Job responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Person Specification Educational qualifications / requriements Essential
- Diploma /BSc/BA Occupational Therapy
- H.P.C. registration
- Membership of Professional Body
- Membership of Special Interest Group
Skills / Experience / Knowledge Essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of current best practice in OT
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice
- Understanding of team dynamics
- Experience in assessing, developing and implementing Occupational Therapy Programmes
- Evidence of self directed learning
- Understanding of how audit, evidence based practice, and research can improve service development
- Relevant supervised experience gained during clinical placements
- Documented evidence of continuing professional development
- Knowledge of partnership working
- Research skills
- Presentation skills
Additional requirements Essential
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English, adequate to enable the post holder to carry out the role effectively
Information Technology Essential
- Experience of using IT systems such as Microsoft
- Experience of using electronic patient/service user record systems
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.