Ramsgate House Community Mental Health Team are looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic Senior Practitioner for Occupational Therapy to join our successful, friendly and supportive team.
You would be part of a large and experienced senior team within the CMHT.
Ramsgate House offers great opportunities to continue your career progression with regular supervision, CPD sessions and training. We are passionate about enabling staff to develop and grow as practitioners through CPD funding, AHP specific CPD sessions on a regular basis, a comprehensive leadership prospectus and access to Health Education England funding.
We are focused on staff wellbeing, offering clinical, line management and peer supervision sessions.
Also, monthly team building exercises, reflective practice groups, acupuncture, yoga and mindfulness.
We are a committed integrated service that strives to provide quality recovery-based support to people with severe and enduring mental health related difficulties within the Salford area.
Main duties of the job
- Provide clinical and professional leadership, supervision, support and consultation to designated occupational therapy staff and MDT staff in the CMHT team, and in line with relevant clinical pathway (functional or dementia) as outlined within the CMHT operational procedure.
- To support the Directorate Professional Lead for Occupational Therapy, in the operational and strategic development of the occupation therapy service.
- Undertake liaison and effective working relationships with primary care services, including GP practices and consortia, local community facilities - statutory & non-statutory agencies.
- To abide by the Royal College of Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct, the Royal College of Occupational Therapy Professional Standards for OT Practice, and the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) Standards for registration and ensure compliance of others.
- To maintain own clinical and professional competence through designated ring-fenced client caseload, using evidence based/client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions and record all interventions, in line with relevant clinical pathway (functional or dementia) as outlined within the CMHT operational procedure.
- To promote carer involvement in the recovery of service users.
- To act as duty assessor.
- Deputise for the CMHT Team Manager and AHP Professional Lead in his/her absence and take on any delegated duties as required.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.
Job description Job responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification. Staff Benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and
- Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Degree or Masters in Occupational Therapy
- 1. Experience of working as a qualified OT in a CMHT
- 2. Detailed knowledge of best practice, legislation, governance and risk management relevant to post
- 3. Specialist knowledge and application of OT models, assessment and interventions relevant to client group.
- 4. Knowledge and application of standardised mental health assessments, outcome measures and specialist tools
- 5. Experience of managing a complex caseload
- Leadership experience
- Experience providing supervision
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.