- The post holder will exercise advanced clinical expertise, levels of judgement, discretion and decision making in clinical care.
- To lead clinical practice working closely with the multi-disciplinary team as required, to ensure patients receive appropriate investigation, intervention and treatment with minimal avoidable delays, whilst improving the quality of care.
- To work autonomously assessing individual patient needs, initiating investigations, determine a differential diagnosis and initiating appropriate holistic, research-based treatment with the development of a personalised clinical management plan, including independent prescribing.
- To put the patient at the centre of all decisions, reinforcing the concept of a more streamlined patient journey, improving the quality of care.
- Monitor and lead improvements to standards of care through, supervision of practice, clinical audit, evidence-based practice, teaching and supporting professional colleagues and the provision of skilled professional leadership.
Main duties of the job
- Practice autonomously and self-directed.
- Hold high-level MDT working skills and high-level condition-specific clinical knowledge to support others with extending their professional roles.
- Provide high-level assessment, diagnosis, planning and implementation programmes of evidence-based care for the patient group, and be able to re-evaluate implemented treatment plans as appropriate.
- Ensure interventions are taken in line with best practice guidance.
- Able to analyse and assess conflicting information where expert opinion may differ or information may not be viable, relying on professional judgement and critical thinking to deliver an appropriate outcome
- Undertake advanced skills appropriate to role, ensuring clinical competencies are maintained for advanced practice.
- Provide advice, information and support for UHB staff caring for specific client groups.
- Deliver and participate in clinical care of children and young people
- Develop and implement specialist programmes of care
- Provide highly specialist advice to patients, carers, relatives & other health professionals which contribute to diagnosis and education of patients.
- To appropriately assess, examine, investigate, diagnose and treat patients, resulting in the safe management and appropriate referral or discharge of patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed presentations.
Cardiff and Vale University Health Board is one of the largest Integrated Health Boards in the UK, employing over 15,000 staff, providing over 100 specialist services. Working across 6 hospital sites, we have a diverse range of career opportunities to offer. Serving around 500,000 people living in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, we are focussed on the health and care needs of our local population whilst working with our partners to develop regional services.
Our mission is Caring for People, Keeping People Well, and our vision is that every person's chance of leading a healthy life should be equal. As an organisation we are unashamedly ambitious for our population's health, rising to the challenges of today and tomorrow through our 10-year strategy, Shaping our Future Wellbeing. We are contributing to a healthier Wales with great emphasis placed on innovation and improvement, learning from around the world and leading the way in clinical research. Partnership working is strong at Cardiff and Vale, and we work closely with our staff and our community.
Cardiff, the thriving Welsh capital, is a fantastic city to live and work in with an abundance of sports, arts and cultural attractions. Situated to the west of Cardiff, the Vale of Glamorgan offers a combination of beautiful Welsh countryside and a dramatic natural coastline. Whether city life or rural living, Cardiff and the Vale offers the best of both worlds.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documen
Cewch hyd i Ddisgrifiad Swydd llawn a Manyleb y Person wediu hatodi o fewn y dogfennau atego
Person Specification English Essential
- RN (Mental Health) MSc in Advanced practice/Nurse practitioner, Non - Medical prescriber
- Must be able to carry out the full range of duties of the post.
- Excellent communication skills. Critical decision making and Critical thinking skills.
- In depth knowledge of family based practice
- Flexible and adaptable to change. Ability to work effectively alone or within a multi disciplinary team. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Training appropriate to post e.g. Post Registration Qualification in Child & Adolescent Mental Health. Child Protection, child development, working with families
- Involvement with research and audit
- Ability to work flexibly within the needs of the service
- MSc in Advanced practice/Nurse practitioner, Non - Medical prescriber
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.