We are delighted to recruit to this exciting position covering maternity leave for 12 months. This position is for an 8a Matron role and would suit an experienced Mental Health Nurse who wishes to develop their skills and abilities in leadership and aims to progress further in their career.
The post holder will work within the Vincent Square Eating Disorder Service based in South Kensington and Chelsea Mental Health Centre.
The role includes working within multi-disciplinary teams across the service, offering support and advice in the monitoring of physical health, ensuring medical devices are appropriately utilised, managing infection control measures within the service and ensuring that there is a provision for student learning within the service.
The successful applicant may have contact with patients or service users. As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination as this remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course patients and service users when working on our healthcare settings.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will have a proven track record in nursing leadership and should have the ability to lead by example, motivate and empower others by virtue of expert clinical work, leadership, education and training, practice development and research.
They will play a fundamental role in ensuring effective outcomes and high-quality care for those using the eating disorder services in CNWL/
By inspiring a culture of high performance and continuous quality improvement in teams, the post holder will ensure the sustained provision of high-quality services and standards for our service users, family and carers.
Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust offers its staff ongoing career progression through monthly supervision, annual personal development plans/appraisals and access to exciting internal and external training opportunities.
The trust also values its staff and you are entitled to become a member of My Trust Benefits; an online portal for all CNWL staff, as well as their family and friends. It offers over 1400 discounts at hundreds of retailers nationwide. Save money on your weekly food shops, toiletries, cosmetics, cinema, meals out, holidays, travel and entertainment. You can also access free online courses on a variety of topics, professional and personal, ranging from business management, languages, law and teaching.
Job description Job responsibilities
The Clinical Nurse appointed will provide nursing leadership across Eating Disorders in patient and day patient service and responsibility for physical health monitoring clinics across the all age Eating Disorder Service.
The main responsibility of the post is to develop & provide clinical nurse leadership and raise standards of professional nursing clinical practice in Eating Disorders, taking responsibility for developing and implementing nursing standards in the unit and continual development of the nursing team.
Work as part of the Units Leadership team and play a pivotal role in nursing leadership and management of the Unit through a time of development. Develop the functions and structure of the Unit to best meet the mental health needs of children, young people and their families. Develop and ensure Unit clinical and operation protocols are kept up to date.
Ensure that support clinical nursing provision is delivered to the highest possible standards in accordance with the ED operational plan, relevant national policy and legislation and to meet the requirements specified by the NHSE service specification.
Deliver specialist clinical nursing skills to assess patients needs, provide care, manage treatment programme, coordinate pathways and provide specialist nursing input across the patient caseloads.
Work closely with the multi-disciplinary team and the Eating Disorders Senior Management Team, and the nursing directorate in order to deliver new innovative models of care, drive up quality and patient experience and improve nursing services in EDS.
Offer the highest standards of professional leadership to the nursing workforce in the Unit. Work with the Divisional Director of Nursing and the Head of Eating Disorders. to support in the development and delivery of clinical and professional standards as well as the development of leadership capacity and safer staffing in the Unit.
Work collaboratively with the learning and development lead and safeguarding leads on relevant professional matters.
Responsible nursing leadership in the Unit, Infection Control oversight for the service.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- Experience at Band 7 or above with management experience
- Experience in working with Eating Disorders
- Registered Mental Health Nurse with NMC Registration
- Experience in working in a ward or community setting
- Leadership or Management Course
- Able to build constructive relationships with warmth and empathy, using good communication skills
- Treats service users with respect and dignity at all times
- Enthusiastic, flexible and confident approach to working
- WillingnesConducts self in professional courteous manner at all times and able to maintain professionalism in an often emotionally challenging environments and ability to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Able to prioritise own workload
- Understands and able to implement and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy at a level appropriate to the job
- Understanding of Physical Health Monitoring
- In-depth understanding of Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act
- Understanding of CPA, Lead Professional Care or equivalent
- Understanding of Risk Assessment process and documentation
- Understanding of Safeguarding in health care
- Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team
Core Competencies Essential
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of providing consultation and liaison supporting colleagues, referral agencies and services responsible for the care, support and wellbeing of service users and their A/I families/carers
- Able to build strong partnerships with external agencies and develop effective joint planning and support arrangements
- Actively uses supervision and opportunities for development of skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership and qualities and ability to support others through periods of change
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.