We are looking for a forward thinking, dynamic and highly skilled clinician, who is experienced in the management of MSK conditions across a wide range of settings. You will be committed to following best practice with the development and promotion of high-quality services. You will also have demonstrable leadership qualities, excellent communication, and time management skills with proven abilities to build networks across sites and disciplines.The role of clinical lead is a key member of the physiotherapyserviceand works in close collaborationwith the consultant physiotherapist, principle MSK podiatrist, physiotherapy MSK clinical lead colleagues (upper limb, lower limb, spinal, education and training and childrens), senior physiotherapy manager and MSK manager responsible MSK services.This post is one of three clinical lead roles working within ABUHB triage, Primary Care and Minor Injury Services.
These roles will, with a team of physiotherapy staff, support delivery of physiotherapy MSK provision within urgent primary care and minor injuries over seven days and self-referral triage within the Health Board MSK Hub. It is anticipated that these roles will lead development and delivery of the MSK Hub and Urgent Primary Care, and the delivery of MSK physiotherapy provision within urgent primary care centres and minor injury units. The post holders will work closely together and provide cross cover.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible forworking with medical, nursing and therapy colleagues to identifyand implementnew models of carewithin the primary care MSK Hub, urgent primary care and minor injuries services that enhance the ability of the MSK therapy services to support the Health Boardto deliver high quality, evidence-based care and contribute to service sustainability.
You will be supported by MSK clinical leads colleagues in upper limb, lower limb and spine, principal podiatrist, consultant physiotherapist, GP's within urgent care and Consultant nurse responsible for minor injury services.
It is expected that 60% of the role will be clinical and 40% will be designated to the strategic, planning, and development aspects of this role.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is a multi-award winning NHS organisation with a passion for caring. The Health Board provides an exceptional workplace where you can feel trusted and valued. Whatever your specialty or stage in your career, we have opportunities for everyone to start, grow and build your career. The health board provides integrated acute, primary and community care serving a population of 650,000 and employing over 16,000 staff.
We offer a fantastic benefits package and extensive training and development opportunities with paid mandatory training, excellent in-house programmes, opportunities to complete recognised qualifications and professional career pathways including a range of management development programmes. We offer flexible working and promote a healthy work life balance, provide occupational health support and an ambitious plan for a Wellbeing Centre of Excellence to support you at work.
Our Clinical Futures strategy continues to enhance and promote care closer to home as well as high quality hospital care when needed. This includes the Grange University Hospital which provides specialist and critical care and is the newest addition to the clinical futures strategy opening in November 2020. Join us on our journey to pioneer new ways of working and deliver a world-class healthcare service fit for the future.
Job description Job responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac
Person Specification Qualifications & Lnowledge Essential
- Diploma/Degree in physiotherapy
- HCPC registration.
- Completion of Masters or equivalent appropriate advanced assessment, diagnostic and treatment course that is recognised/accredited
- IRMER qualification
- Appropriate range of postgraduate clinical education
- Active participation in a relevant national clinical interest group
- Completion of Clinical Educators Course or equivalent
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Evidence of expert witness training
- Injection Therapy qualification
- Supplementary or independent prescribing qualification
- Held senior position in relevant speciality
- Experience of first point of contact in clinical management of patients
- Experience of and commitment to clinical and organisational audit and research
- Experience of and commitment to teaching at an undergraduate and postgraduate level both locally and nationally
- Experience of representing the physiotherapy profession in public/professional arena
- Experience of working closely with medical practitioners
- Evidence of leading change management and innovation in clinical practice
- Experience of integrating user participation in service development
- Experience of leading the development and implementation of clinical guidelines and standards
- Experience of having supervised staff who are directly accountable to the post holder
- Experience of presenting evidence and evaluations to stakeholders
- Held Clinical Specialist position in relevant speciality
- Published work in recognised journal
- Experience as expert witness
- Experience of presenting at national/international conferences
- The ability to facilitate reflective practice and learning in others
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written when interacting with members of the team, other professionals, clients and their families
- The ability to lead and work effectively in a team
- The physical ability to perform and cope with all aspects of manual handling and positioning as demanded by the job role
- The ability to adapt to changes in work routine
- Available for weekend duties
- The ability to move between sites within the Trust or patients' residences as demanded by the job role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.