Staff Nurse (RMN) Band 5 Permanent/ Full Time- 37.5 hours The Coborn Centre for Adolescent Mental Health, Cherry Tree Way, Glen Road, Newham, London E13 8SP
The Coborn Centre is a renowned child and adolescent mental health (CAMH) unit located in Newham, East London. We are part of a collaborative of inpatient and community CAHM services across North Central East London (NCEL). We look after young people aged 12- 18 and work closely with families, schools, local authorities and various community teams.
The Coborn Centre opened in 2006 and comprises of 12 acute beds, 16 psychiatric intensive care beds and up to 9 day service places. The service has led the way in the design of adolescent mental health facilities nationally. We were awarded an excellent by the QNIC accreditation process and also accredited as Outstanding by the CQC.
The Coborn Centre can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you'll be able to make a difference to the lives of the young people that access our services, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Main duties of the job
We currently have opportunities for enthusiastic and innovative qualified RMN (B5) and Learning Disability Nurses/ Child Nurses/ RMN (B6) to join our team. The post holder should have robust nursing skills and have a keen interest in working with young people and their families to support recovery. A typical day may include helping a young person return to school, helping a young person through a period of extreme distress, liaising with other agencies to coordinate care or supporting families.
You will work with a supportive team who lay a great focus on the wellbeing of their staff and provide all help to settle well into your role. There is support and development including, supervision, reflection, teaching, and preceptorship programmes.
The Trust also offers a range of staff benefits including car leasing, cycle to work schemes, Employee Assistance programme and much more.
There is free parking at the hospital for staff.
See JD and PS attached for B5 and B6. When applying, in your supporting statement, please mention which role you are applying for.
Newly Qualified welcome to apply to Band 5
Job description Job responsibilities
Please see JD (Job Description) and PS (Personal Specification) for full details of role requirements.
Person Specification Education Essential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health
- Willingness to undertake further training relevant to child and adolescent services
- Evidence of a portfolio ENB 998 or equivalent
- Experience of mental health nursing in an inpatient setting
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care using evidence based approaches.
- Proven leadership skills in clinical area
- Ability to recognise stress
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Mental Health issues relevant to speciality
- Mental Health Act 1983 and 2007
- Care Programme Approach
- NMC Code of Conduct
- Current Developments in nursing
- Clinical supervision
- Single Assessment Process
- Essence of Care
- Motivated to providing the highest standards of care in a changing service
- Able to work on an internal rotation shift basis
- Awareness of equal opportunities in the workplace
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.