Northamptonshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is inviting experienced clinicians in the field of neurodevelopmental conditions to apply to this Consultant Clinical Psychologist post in the Adult ADHD, Autism and Tourette's Team (AAATT). The successful applicant will be part of a highly skilled and very experienced multi-disciplinary team which has a strong national profile through its innovative work and contribution to national strategies in this specialist field.
The service operates on a county-wide basis and provides comprehensive diagnostic assessments and needs-based interventions for adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Autism and Tourette's Syndrome. The team also supports young people with these conditions who are in transition to adult services.
Main duties of the job
We are looking for a Consultant Clinical Psychologist as Clinical Lead for this Team with overall responsibility for the Autism (non-LD) clinical governance of the service. This role is very well-established but there has always been a culture for further service development and innovation. The successful applicant will be an experienced clinical leader with significant managerial experience and a forward-thinking vision for the service in line with local and national initiatives associated with neurodevelopmental conditions.
The successful applicant will also have a clinical lead role across different aspects of the team, including the diagnostic and treatment/follow-up pathways, and will offer consultation, support, supervision and training for multi-disciplinary colleagues. You will be working alongside the Head of Service and other senior colleaguesas part of a leadership team to deliver and develop the service in a supportive multi-disciplinary team environment.
The post- holder will be based at St. Mary's Hospital in Kettering but will be required to travel to various destinations across Northamptonshire, and will also be required to participate in the Trust's on-call rota.
The successful applicant will receive professional support and supervision from the Head of Service/Consultant Clinical Psychologist and a strong peer group of other Consultant Psychologists.
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation NHS Trust was rated as Outstanding by CQC in 2018 and is a great place to work. We are proud of the Psychology provision within the Trust, and feedback has consistently been that we have a well-developed Psychology network in the Trust which offers a strong sense of professional identity, support and strategic influence. We believe that supporting and involving our staff means that they enjoy their work more, and that our clinical services are better as a result.
Northamptonshire is a pleasant area with a mix of rural and urban locations and is within easy distance of other key locations in the Midlands with excellent rail and road links.
There are a significant number of psychologists employed within the Trust working across different specialties and there are opportunities for regular professional development through regular monthly psychology meetings and active peer supervision networks. The Trust enjoys good links with both Oxford and Leicester Doctoral training courses.
Job description Job responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document.
Person Specification Experience Essential
- 8 years post graduation experience including at least 3 years post qualification experience in neurodevelopmental conditions
- Extensive experience of working as an applied psychologist with a wide variety of client groups across the whole life course
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients psychological care
- Extensive experience of service development
- Some experience of working with adults or children with neurodevelopmental conditions
Skills and Abilities Essential
- high level ability to communicate effectively at both a written and oral level complex, highly technical and clinically sensitive information
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups
- Ability to work across organisational boundaries and in different organisational contexts
- Management skills to enhance service development and innovation
- post graduate doctoral level training in Psychology
- post doctoral training in at least one additional specialist area of Psychology
- Evidence of CPD as recommended by the BPS/HCPC
- specialist training/qualification in neurodevelopmental conditions
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.