Derbyshire Healthcare is unable to sponsor international applicants in this role. You can find out more about how you can work in the UK by visiting Work in the UK - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) Calling all Newly-Qualified, Registered Mental Health Nurses orNurses who would like a new challenge
- Cubley Court (Older Adult Organic inpatient's) or Tissington (Older Adult Functional inpatient's) *
- In-Reach and Home Treatment team (Older Adult Functional Crisis team) or Dementia Rapid Response Team (Older Adult Urgent and Crisis team) *
- Older Adult Day Services - Insight days with Memory Assessment Services
- Community mental Health Teams
Main duties of the job
The rotation is 18 months in total and will cover both Organic and Functional areas.
Following the rotation, you will be allowed to apply for a substantive position within the area of your choice.
The successful candidate will be working with experienced, professional, and committed teams who can guide and support learning; regular Management and Clinical Supervision, and plenty of development and training opportunities.
The Trust has an excellent Preceptorship programme for Newly-Qualified Nurses.
The Older Adult Services within the Trust have a close relationship; we all work towards the goal of providing excellent care for the Older population of Derbyshire; we support each other's role within that goal and celebrate our continued good practice.
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives.
Our trust values of People First, Honesty, Respect and Do your Best are embedded throughout the organisation. CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
We have a commitment to promoting staff health and well - being and have an ongoing programme of well - being events both as a profession and in the wider organisation.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal
- Access to profession specific and other training, both internal and external
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network, Women's Network and Christian Network
- Active Staff Forum that represents staff views
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities across the profession and the wider organisation
Job description Job responsibilities Please view the attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- Registered mental health nurse
- Due to qualify within the next 2 months
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Planning and decision making skills
- Computer literate
Knowledge / Experience Essential
- Demonstrable understanding of mental health disorders and treatment
- Demonstrable knowledge of legislation relevant to mental health.
- Awareness of nursing assessments and interventions and outcome measures relevant to client group.
- Evidence of service receiver and carer involvement activities.
- Being compassionate
- Be responsive, positive and good listener
- Value and support other people
- Engage and encourage
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.