YOU'RE BRILLIANT and we want you on OUR team
It's time for a new challenge with KMPT in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with tremendous quality of life. Within KMPT we have a network of approximately 150 members of medical staff, not including our range of foundation doctors, GP trainees, core trainees and higher trainees.
There are exciting times ahead with the Kent and Medway Medical School now open, a collaboration between Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent with KMPT as one of the NHS partners, inspiring the next generation of medical professionals.
We are also at the forefront of partnership working - an integral part of the Integrated Care System - looking at sustainable health and social care and ensuring the individual is at the centre of everything.
Indulge your passion for research with our internationally known and enthusiastic team, who are involved in a whole host of national and home-grown studies that have the potential to shape future healthcare. You will be very welcome.
Main duties of the job
This is a 10 PA plus 0.5 PA and 3% Category A availability supplement for on-call post. Part time or job-share applications are welcome.
As well as a new hire bonus (£15,000*) and financial support for relocation (up to £8,000*), we want to understand what flexibility means to you. Is it a nine-day fortnight or condensed hours? Do you have caring responsibilities? Is there a certain day you cannot work for personal reasons? Talk to us.
*Subject to conditions
Successful applicants must have MRCP or equivalent and be on, or within six months of inclusion on, the Specialist Register and be fully registered with the GMC, as well as Approved Clinician and S12 approval under the Mental Health Act.
Please note that all interviews will be conducted via video link using Life Size on 25 October 2022.
Please note that you will be required to submit an application form for each post you are interested in applying for.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT)
, providing mental health, learning disability, substance misuse and specialist services across Kent and Medway, with a population of 1.8million.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the Care Quality Commission regulator and Outstanding for care) has approximately 3,400 staff covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues from 52 nations, rich in their diversity, talents and experience, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
We have a team of empathetic leaders inspiring their staff in an environment where everyone is valued and plays a vital role in providing an exemplary service.
Across our communities and within inpatient settings, our workforce is enhanced and strengthened by dedicated peer support workers, people with lived experience, a wonderful team of volunteers and a brigade of pets astherapy support dogs.
Would you like to work flexibly? We understand that people often have various considerations outside work, either personal interests or family commitments, that they need to factor into their working life. We will support you to work flexibly in a way that will suit you and us, and your commitments outside work.
Job description Job responsibilities
For detailed information regarding the role, please refer to the attached job description and person specification.
Please call Catharine Blackman on 01622 724133 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to speak to Chief Medical Officer, Dr Afifa Qazi or Deputy Medical Officer (workforce), Dr Mohan Bhat. What a place to live and work
We are a family-friendly county with first class schools and affordable housing.
The transport links to and from London and the continent are fantastic; and we have towns that have been voted the best places to live in the whole of the country with warm and welcoming communities. Kent has breath-takingcastles, cathedrals and country houses bursting with history plus shopping, and restaurants and bars to suit every taste. Every conceivable sports and leisure activity is also available to keep you and the little ones occupied and thenyou have the 350 miles of beaches, cliffs and coves; a coastline that is both stunning and stimulating, whatever the weather. Plus the green and pleasant countryside that gives the area its Garden of England title. To put it simply, youwont want to leave.
Within KMPT, you will find networks which will support you to be the very best version of you. These include faith, disability, LGBTQ+ and black, Asian and minority ethnics.
Mental health and physical wellbeing support is a priority for KMPT with advice and support readily available to ensure you take care of you as well as you do your patients. The health and wellbeing of you and your family is ofparamount importance to us.
Person Specification Qualifications Essential
- oMBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- oQualification or higher degree in medical education, clinical research or management.
- oMRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- oSpecialised knowledge of old age psychiatry.
- oAdditional clinical qualifications
- oFully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- oIncluded on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- oApproved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- oApproved under S12 OR able to achieve with 3 months of appointment
- oIn good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- oExcellent knowledge in specialty
- oAt least 6 months experience of old age psychiatry within the last 5 years
- oCompleted minimum of three years full-time training in psychiatry.
- oClinical expertise in the assessment and management of risk.
- oGood working knowledge of the interface between the MCA and MHA.
- oExcellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- oExcellent oral and written communication skills in English
- oWide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- oEndorsement in Old Age Psychiatry from Royal College of Psychiatrists
- oExperience of working with memory assessment service and skills in cognitive assessment
- oExperience in working in other specialities
- oAble to deliver undergraduate or postgraduate teaching and training
- oParticipated in continuous professional development
- oParticipated in research or service evaluation.
- oAble to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- oHas actively participated in clinical audit.
- oAble to plan and deliver undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and training relevant to this post
- oReflected on purpose of CPD undertaken
- oExperienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation.
- oEvidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
- oHas led clinical audits leading to service change.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.